Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Default Homepage in Browser

(Topic created on: 25-12-2020 07:40 PM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I've noticed that my mobile operator has set their web page as the default home page, even though I have not given them permission to do so and they have overwritten what I had it set to.

Is there a way to reset the default homepage back to what it was without having to use the custom homepage and is there a way to block my mobile operator from doing this in the future.

I never got my phone from them so I don't want them to have any authorisation to brand my phone with their settings within apps.

They should only be allowed to set the APN and stuff for call and data routing, seeing they never contributed to the cost of my mobile itself.

So does anyone know how to block them from rewriting settings within apps.

14 REPLIES 14
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
I have a Note 20 on Three. my chrome or Samsung browser does not have Three as homepage so don't know what's wrong with yours
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I can definitely say that Three have overwritten my default homepage within Samsung Internet browser, they had also done it to chrome but at the moment after resetting that, that is still on the page I have set as default, but Samsung browser it has gone back to Three, so I have to use custom for the homepage I want.
0 Likes
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
Regardless of a browser you use, you have to have a homepage. So by default it will be three being as that's the network you are on.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
the default should be what I set it to, three have no right or permission to change my homepage settings on a device not purchased through them.
Would you like it, if you bought a phone not on contract or through network operator and had set the settings you wanted, only for your network operator to overwrite them.
you also previously mentioned three have not set the default on your phone but you telling me that's what it should be on mine
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
update: Three contacted me and have said they enforce the change of the default home page within your Internet browser as it's on their sim.
I've told them that is fine if purchased phone from them and it is not already set, but modifying settings on apps for a device not purchased via them is unacceptable.
They say all they can do is speak to internal departments and see how they can resolve this for future.
0 Likes