Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose Input Method Notification

(Topic created on: 28-08-2023 04:36 PM)
mcgregni
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I have this annoying and persistent notification that keeps popping up. Many times every day. It's from Android System and asks to "Choose Input Method". There's only one option which is Samsung Keyboard. I click that and it ofen comes back straightaway. Anyone have any tips on how to stop this please?

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a furst step @mcgregni  try > Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

mcgregni
Apprentice
Options
Thanks, I'll take a look at that!
0 Likes
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
Go to settings>notifications, advanced settings, look for notification history, then Android System, look for the notification that you have to stop, click on it and unselect it. That should be it.
mcgregni
Apprentice
Options
Thanks! I'll try that....
0 Likes
Shotpurple
Student
Options

This does not work for me. Nothing shows up under 'notification history'.

0 Likes
mcgregni
Apprentice
Options
Didn't work for me either ...perhaps you need to have previously activated the history?
0 Likes
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
Okay, try long press on that notification, tap on details, then scroll down to Virtual Keyboard and tap on the blue button to turn it off.
mcgregni
Apprentice
Options
OK I'll do that when it next appears, thanks!
0 Likes
iwish ihad i Phone
First Poster
Options

Same thing for the past week and a half. It feels like the phone has a "mistake relocation program"running.

It always is struggling with one thing or another. It never works smoothly. I had an iPhone 6S plus before this A14 5g, which was ancient and that worked much better and took much better photos. Stable! 

On Samsung, I've had notifications that you can't get rid of that. You don't need that aren't helpful. Functionality that doesn't work. problems writing to SD card, problems writing to internal memory.

Screens that just freeze and you can't scroll

when I finally can afford an iPhone, I'm going back to that.

Samsung is not as good as people think...and now I know!

Before I thought it was that iphone snobs were bragging, but they have a reason to brag if it's clearly superior.

But I'd love to have a solution to this one of many problems I have.

Guessing it is uninstalling Google stuff, and letting Samsung apps own us like they want... Feels as bossy as Microsoft ever was.

And I'm always a little disgruntled that the people with the problems have to talk to each other, there's nobody who makes the products ever wants to stand up and give answers. It's like they got their heads cut off after they made the product, so no one can talk about it. We just have to guess what the problem is and how to fix it.

It seems like every company online does that now. they hide from responsibility.

A Smart company would invest a little of their money into Tech Support like they used to do twenty years ago.

And I have done numerous cache flushes on every app in this phone to the point of it's like a brand new phone and it still screws up.

Restart, throw at wall. Lol

0 Likes