Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Auto Factory Reset

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 02:48 PM)
EwokBobby
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Simple question but I haven't been able to find an answer.

If I, or someone else, enters and incorrect password to unlock my phone 3 times and then I unter the correct one, does the counter reset to zero or does it carry on so that there is only 12 more times?

In other words, is it 15 times in total or 15 times in a row?  

Thanks in advance for any help

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It's my opinion that if after keying in the wrong password 3 times you then key it in correctly that resets the counter.

It wouldn't be counter productive to not and thus if you key in the code wrong again meaning it would eventually it'll reset the phone. That wouldn't make sense.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

Abhijithas
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

After the phone resets after 15 incorrect attempts. What happens? Will it be unlockedaamd i can use phone again or will it ask for password again due to  googles factory reset protection. 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Once the FRP is activated, it prevents use of your device after a Factory Data Reset in an untrusted environment. This means if your device is Factory Reset any other way than heading into your Settings> General Management> Reset> Factory Data Reset, the FRP Lock will be enabled. When you try to start up your device after completing a factory reset in an untrusted environment you are required to log in to the original Google Account in the initial setup.

SjorsK
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

You are correct, entering the correct pin resets the counter :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
SjorsK
Samsung Maker ★
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

All local data will be wiped and only the original owner can re-activate the phone using an activation lock. This is basically done by logging in to the account of the owner during the activation process (This requires internet access) :smiling-face: 

The PIN itself will be gone though. 

Chinc SamSUCK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Samsung Phones are HORRIBLE! This is a KNOWN bug/glitch for 2 years they haven't fixed it! I'll never buy ANYTHIING SamSUCK again! My phone still has issues! Going to Crappy Apple!

Chinc SamSUCK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

It wipes ALL data,  extra HD card too! Don't buy these POS phones

0 Likes
Chinc SamSUCK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Same happened to me, phone was in my pocket, screen locked, fingerprint on and accidental on protection on! Still somehow Auto Factory Reset, then locked and wouldn't allow Google password (old? I could log into Google on my PC). Somehow NONE of my backups had worked and ALL data was wiped including the extra SD card! HOW? Lost over a year of pictures, concert videos... NEVER BUY Samsung again!

Samuka13
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

this is a big problem. it same with my phone. i lost photos my son. Why SAmsung?

0 Likes