Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 01:19 PM)
Takeover_ENTZ
Journeyman
Options
My Samsung S20 Ultra 5G hasn't received any update since last February 2021.

Is this normal?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Takeover_ENTZ You have not received any security updates in this period?   Here are the recent updates for the serieshttps://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-update-1087091/  One Ui 4.1 has started rolling out in Europe.

If you restart device is nothing showing in Settings-Software Updates? If so would be advisable to check via Samsung Smart Switch,need to download Smart Switch onto computer and connect device via USB.  See more details here https://www.samsung.com//support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-software-using-smart-switch/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Takeover_ENTZ
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the reply, but I've tried smart switch. Says phone is up to date
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Takeover_ENTZ  oh right, just checking your device is a Uk version?

If so have you cleared cache partition lately.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Could do a Factory Reset ensuring Data is backed up first, however in the meantime may be advisable to report via Samsung  Members.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Takeover_ENTZ
Journeyman
Options
Phone software versionScreenshot_20220404-193115_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20220404-193140_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Looks like a grey import phone if I'm not mistaken, XSG is United Arab Emirates. Where was the phone purchased from?
Takeover_ENTZ
Journeyman
Options
Bought it off someone
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Hmmm okay, then you should try sammobile and XDA developers forums to try and get the code changed to a UK BTU. Failing that get the most recent XSG ROM and flash it manually
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Just to add no guarantee you will be able to change to UK BTU.

When buying from online market places or random sellers best to ask best to ask questions on source .