Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12, UI 4.0 Update fix?

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 05:20 PM)
Members_bnARuR6
Apprentice
Options

I have had s20 ultra 5G for about a year and a week ago I received the latest update on my phone, went ahead and installed it. Within literally 10 minutes of me entering my pin after update the phone went black, Samsung logo showed and it asked for pin after restart. Since then this has happened numerous times daily. Have also noticed that apps which use biometrics are telling me new biometrics are added. 

This update has made my phone unusable, after looking around on here and on Google I am not seeing a "definitive" fix, I have tried the usual resetting phone, clearing cache, change screen quality the only thing I haven't done is a factory reset but as I know the issue wasn't there and is now I would say with great confidence the update is at fault. 

Is there any other steps that can be tried that maybe I have missed online or someone here experienced the same? Failing that is it possible to go back to the previous update

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
danmidd
Voyager
Options
I've had nothing but issues with the s21ultra since the android and Samsung updates. After 3 factory re sets I really can't be bothered with Samsung and will look else where when it comes to changing my phone
0 Likes
Gwgas
Student
Options
The recovery option only works if the phone is connected to computer
0 Likes
Happyhubert
Journeyman
Options
The recovery menu will only come up on screen if connected to a computer?.
And will it solve the other issues.
Sorry for being a pain but I've been jerkred of by so called experts and fellow members who answer in Samsung Members
0 Likes
Gwgas
Student
Options
I'm sorry but I don't know that. It has solved my issues although they aren't as bad as yours. Try it
0 Likes
Happyhubert
Journeyman
Options
This is what I got from Samsung members.
They know I can't charge my phone via cable charger.
They've told me to clear the cache partition, uuuhmm 🤔, don't they realise I can't get the recovery menu to respond. Screenshot_20220124-180735_Samsung Members_21381_1643047656.pngScreenshot_20220124-180754_Samsung Members_21382_1643047674.png
0 Likes
Gwgas
Student
Options
Apparently this is a requirement from Android 11 so if you can't connect you have a problem
0 Likes
Happyhubert
Journeyman
Options
I'm not getting the
What requirement?
Phones been perfect for 18 months so I'm lost as to what requirement and this isn't a global problem but one I caused, and I this I'm the covid carrier also,
I went missing for a few weeks and couldn't remember anything but I had a wok and a pair of chopsticks at home. Don't tell anyone that ***** I'll get the blame 🤣🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
Gwgas
Student
Options
Google made it a requirement for the phone to be connected to a computer before the rescue menu could be accessed which it introduced from Android 11
0 Likes
Happyhubert
Journeyman
Options

So Google knew the software was inferior quality before it was dished out on ********* like moi ! Why do they require? ***** it's a democratic society that the majority live in.
So Google says ***** your pants by their requirements I guess you would 🤷. What will good require next hmmmm
Perhaps a Harley ***** Davison to keep your phone in the breeze on the back 😳🤣.
Everyone's got warped or brainwashed, I'll book myself into the local loonatic lodge for a few days I've had a ****full of this software that is ***** up people's phones 📱 and I do apologise I know its nothing to do with the software developers or the
Corporate ***** that bought it and think its a tickety boo piece of kit .
Hip hip 😳👍

0 Likes
Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

Exactly the same thing, buddy. Experiencing the random restart, biometrics/passwords for the locked app safe thing telling me I am entering the wrong password when it was just working before it randomly restarted. This is my first issue with any of the Samsung phones I owned and I just can't believe there's nothing being done as I can't help but notice numerous other people in the same boat with their new-old unusable phones. Sad.