Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 12 One UI 4 UI Lag and choppiness

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 01:30 PM)
Samzung_Customer
Explorer
Options
Is anyone else experiencing UI lag and choppiness of apps closing and opening.

I updated to android 12 one UI 4 on my S20+ Exynos but I have noticed its slightly laggy and choppy.

I know the s21 android 12 update had similar issues and it was patched.

Hopefully we will too.
55 REPLIES 55
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you checked for updated apps in both stores?

Do a phone restart again.

Do A wipe cache if need be.

Worst case scenario a hard reset and manually adding all apps would be the normal.
Samzung_Customer
Explorer
Options
I did all that but still same issue. I really think it's a bug or so.

As android 11 was working flawlessly.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Some updates reset the display back to standard and fhd. Check your display settings.
Samzung_Customer
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately tried that as well but nothing.
I even turned off power saving and turned on enhanced processing.

But. It difference.
derExperte
Journeyman
Options

Installed the update on my S20+ Exy this morning and since then certain actions lead to bad lag. For example pulling down the notifications/quick actions panel is a stuttery mess. Navigating on the homescreen is fine though. Did a cache swipe and repaired apps, no change.

Also got 12 for my Tab S7 and zero issues there.

Samzung_Customer
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the feedback.

It seems more and more issues with this update are apparent with the S20 series.

Hopefully there is a fix for all these bugs
PetarJK
First Poster
Options

S20+ here. Exactly the same issues after the update. Very disappointed with Samsung.

Samzung_Customer
Explorer
Options
It would also seem some websites are reporting the note 20 is also experiencing these issues.
dazzerfong
Student
Options

Experiencing lag in very specific spots on Galaxy S20 4G, AU unlocked build G980FXXSCEUL7. Display at 2400x1080 @ 120Hz. Reset phone completely to evaluate if issue was present, and unfortunately it was. Lag is most prevalent when:

• Pulling down the notification shade to show all quick setting tiles, and 
  • When switching apps in gesture mode, the initial transition to showing all apps.

Problem is also present (even worse) when in 60Hz mode: feels like it is rendering at 30Hz when battery saver is on.

Setting window animation scale in the Developer options does not affect this choppiness.

Setting the display resolution to 1600x720 @ 120hz does resolve this completely.