Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always On Display keeps turning itself on after software update

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 08:49 AM)
DUSKvsDAWN
Explorer
Options

So My phone had a software update a few days ago and I am currently getting used to the new look and such. I think it was the Android 12 update. So I had noticed that my Always on Display setting keeps turning itself on and I honestly have no idea what might be causing it. The only app I can think about that might do that is CCleaner, but I honestly really don't wanna remove it. I have restarted my phone a couple of times but the issue persists. I was thinking about turning it on in safe mode, but if that works, how will I know which app is causing it? (If an app is causing it to begin with, maybe it's a bug?) I'm not sure at this point and I'm just annoyed that my battery keeps draining. 

Any suggestions is welcome.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DUSKvsDAWN Hello, well, you have no other choice but to put the phone in Safe Mode and verify the behavior of Always on display. If the problem does not persist in Safe Mode, you will have to uninstall apps to verify which one is causing it.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
DUSKvsDAWN
Explorer
Options

Good day, 

I think I might have found the solution. It might have been Bixby. When I restarted just now, I got a notification that the "good morning routine" was activated. When I checked it, one of the things it did was turn on Always On Display. Which is weird because I don't remember ever setting up this routine at all. I have never used Bixby for that. I have deleted the routine and then restarted my phone. Always On Display did not turn on by itself. At least for now. So The problem might be solved for now. If it turns on again I will let you know and I will probably delete CCleaner to start with since that might be a likely culprit. Which makes me sad because I really like that app.

Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
With one ui 4.0, there is now a AOD setting that it only turns on when I new notification arrives, check in your settings that it is set to 'show always'Screenshot_20220128-175859_AlwaysOnDisplay.jpg
Happyhubert
Journeyman
Options
Hi I hope you've sorted your phone out.
According to always on display in my galaxy s20 5g it's no longer compatible. And also Samsung gallery .
0 Likes
DUSKvsDAWN
Explorer
Options

It's been a few days, and I'm here to give you an update. Since removing the "good morning" routine from Bixby, Always On Display hasn't turned itself on anymore. However, it is a bit strange that I had to delete said routine because I swear I never created that. Maybe it just came with the update? I'm not sure. All I know for certain is that it hasn't turned itself on anymore, and that's fine by me.