Did you mean: 

Original topic:

ALLOW CUSTOMISATION OF REFRESH RATE

(Topic created on: 04/12/20 20:30)
jeremym7
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
When I bought my S20 when it came out, I loved the 120hz of my Galaxy S20, but I was worried it would affect my battery life. 

Samsung made this beloved new feature unable to work with medium battery saving mode, which is necessary for an exynos samsung phone to get any kind of usable battery life.

Then luckily I found a work-around where you use bixby routines to have the 120hz, and limit the CPU to 70% via the medium power saving mode. This was incredible, I had great battery life for the first time since my Galaxy S2 (yes S2), and I kept the smooth screen at 120hz. 
Now I dutifully download One UI 3.0 to find that the work-around has been purposefully removed, broken. 
Now I am forced to keep power saving off because I'm not willing to sacrifice my 120hz - AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO, IT'S MY PHONE, LET ME DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT.

Now my battery life is back to it's old samsung tricks again. Screen on time has reduced by at least 30 percent, and this is supposed to be an upgrade. 

Allow your customers to use their phones as they see fit. Put it in developer options if you have to, if you are not wanting the average joe to get confused.

It's unacceptable.

Thanks for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
raymon92
Back for More
Options
Galaxy S20 Series
if Samsung doesn't fix this, I'm done with them. I had terrible battery life with the note 20 ultra, and that trick was the only reason I didn't return it. Samsung is ***** in exynos regions.
So here I am at 65% with 1 hour of screen on time 🙄
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S20 Series

Hi @jeremym7  and @raymon92 

This may work and be a compromise.

The thread is in the N20 Ultra section of this forum but a member with a Samsung Galaxy s20 has it working.

Take a look at androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-20-note-20-ultra/1008831-note-20-ultra-has-secret-96hz-displa... 

I appreciate it's a compromise and possibly not what your looking for but I thought it worth a mention.

Maybe worth also sending your feedback via your Samsung Members App too.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes