Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Volume will not go to absolute zero

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 02:39 PM)
user56274
First Poster
Options

Phone is Samsung Galaxy s20 FE with latest update. There is a problem with the alarm volume in this device. It can not be set to absolute zero. You can set the alarm volume in multiple ways. 1) The "Clock" app has the slider go all the way to the end but still make a noise. 2) You can set the slider all the way to the end in Timely but when you go back  into the setting, its actually one notch above it and will still make noise. 3) I also use a third part volume control app with multiple presets depending on my situation and the despite the fact I select the preset with alarm at absolute zero - the alarm will still go off. There is also a live widget that shows you the volume settings for multiple things (alarm, call volume, ringer volume, etc.) and even thought the alarm volume preset is zero, there is one bar on the live widget showing there is still noise.  So after multiple apps - I've concluded that the phone doesn't allow alarm volumes at absolute zero - how can this be?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Neo001
Legend
Options

You are right. This also happens in S22+ and only way to turn off the volume is toggle off Alarm sound when setting up the alarm.

Screenshot_20230116_160401_Clock.jpg

0 Likes
Milner99
Journeyman
Options
In do not disturb settings perhaps toggle the alarm sounds etc...then set do not disturb to a schedule that mat he's your requirements. Works for me.Screenshot_20230116_203853_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
user56274
First Poster
Options

Do No Disturb feature does not work in the situation I am in. I use do not disturb at night on a schedule but have multiple people on that that can bypass it in case of an evening emergency and they need to get a hold of me. I need to keep that setting as is and there are not multiple profiles to set up. I use a third party app to control my sound profiles and one of those profiles is to turn everything off with no exception for important meetings where I can't under any circumstances have any noise go off.

0 Likes