Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A Strange "watermark" has appeared on my screen

(Topic created on: 10-09-2021 07:54 AM)
Members_oyvxWoR
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have a Galaxy 20 and recently noticed a perfect vertical line on each side of the screen. It's very faint and only really visible in the right light. I could live with it I suppose. However, I have today noticed that, in the bottom left hand corner of my screen, there is a very faint watermark which says "STOP".

I'm baffled, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Members_oyvxWoR
Apprentice
Options

You can ignore this. I know what it is (I think). Can stuff get "burned in" on the screen? I am 99% sure that this is screen burn from a slot game I have been running for hours on end. If screen burn is a thing, then it's that.

0 Likes
Solution
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yes that is definitely screen burn all though it's much rarer on the s20 series and above, how long are we talking here? Just one long stint? Or numerous hours every day?
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It may been screen retention and it may go but if it doesn't it's burn and is unfortunately there indefinitely.
0 Likes
DaveyxG
Pioneer
Options
Coin master has a lot to answer for lol
0 Likes
Members_oyvxWoR
Apprentice
Options

It's 100% screen burn. Seems like it is covered under warranty so going to get booked in at the Samsung store and see what they say.

DavyxG, you're right (I am playing Wynn Slots, but they do have a LOT to answer for)