Support

Open search

Sort of hack for better Space Zoom shots on S20 Ultra

Highlighted
Apprentice

I think everyone knows how much post processing is done by samsung after the 100x shots where it almost looks OK for a moment and then you lose the detail for an oil painting.  Sometimes you can get ok results but that post processing does annoy me.  I was reading about the option to record video in photo mode if you keep holding the shutter.  I tried this and it works in 100x zoom mode too.  The video is shaky but samsung don't process it like the photos.  In video mode such as 8k etc you can take photos from the video.  I was watching back the 100x zoom video and noticed the in video photo capture button is there.  I took a coupke of photos and was surprised that you can get an image close to what you see prior to the processing.  It is still not great but I think its slightly better than the processed shot.  I want to try it next full moon to see if I can get a better moon image than before.  Its more work but worth playing around with i think.  I was testing it hand held but haven't tried it with a tripod yet.  I tested it on someone's face from about 60 feet away and taking the video and tben snapshot it was a much clearer photo with more detail in the hair and face. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Apprentice

20200531_215209.jpg

First image is of the moon using the x100 space zoom on the S20 Ultra  and shows the oil painting processing that Samsung do.  The second image is taken as a capture from a video taken at x100 which shows that you don't get the severe post processing.First image is of the moon using the x100 space zoom on the S20 Ultra and shows the oil painting processing that Samsung do. The second image is taken as a capture from a video taken at x100 which shows that you don't get the severe post processing.

Highlighted
First Poster

Nice discover 

Top Liked Authors