Support

Open search

s20 plus battery drain

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hiya, i recently purchased an galaxy s20 plus and i got delievery about 3 days ago, and since then the battery in the s20 plus is really terrible. I'm only getting about 3-4 hours of screen-on-time and the display is on FHD+ ano d 60Hz. what do i do? is the battery behaving this way because it's new or do i replace my device!

cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Navigator
Give it couple weeks for the AI to learn the patterns of usage and kick in , then it should be better, but if it's the exynos version , you will still have a poor battery life
Highlighted
First Poster

I've had my phone about 3_4 months and battery life is terrible from the start I was getting 6 to 7 hours screen time.  Without apps installed such as a few games and Facebook not over the top all apps that are not used are put to sleep.  I now get less around 5 hours even when the screen is on the lowest settings with everything auto running turned off.  This is the worst phone I've ever had.  I've tried lots of different options to get a better performance but nothing has improved its disappointing to say spec wise its a great phone but reality day to day it is horrible.  I hope there's something in the works to fix this problem 

Highlighted

Hiya there! which processor does your phone contain? with all these nuances I'm guessing Exynos! my phone was overheating with a 50 plus degree and that's Celsius. So i took my phone to an authorized Samsung stores and they rebooted the software and added a new one! the thing is the software is bad for some phones with Exynos from factory. after the new software my battery life has been amazing and my phone doesn't overheat! in fact doesn't even heat at all! you should probably try doing it! 

cheers!

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the same chip etc resorted a few times.  Has your life span got better now 

Highlighted

I have had my S20+ 4G Exynos variant for about a week

My average screen time is around 3-4 hrs, total time 12-14 hrs usage - seems pretty poor to me.

Should I take it back to get battery checked out?

I have 120Hz set up, but a lot of apps in sleep mode, most edge lighting and those other features deactivated. Dark mode on. I followed most of the guides for getting more life but I can't get anywhere near 10 hrs screen time like some people

Top Liked Authors