Support

Open search

Samsung refusing to deal with S20 common fault

Highlighted
Apprentice

As you will see on this forum there is a known common fault with the S20 and Samsung are refusing to deal with it.

Phones are randomly restarting. Samsung are blaming it on an external app. It's not an external app. All the apps on my S20 were on my S9 and I had no issues.  The problem is also peculiar to the S20 so how can it be an app. All the apps I have are major apps. If it was an app issue it would have spread well beyond a sample of S20 users. When are Samsung going to deal with this.

At the end of the day the Consumer Rights Act makes Samsubg legally bound to resolve the issue so please Samsung just do it (people need phones now more than ever).

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Apprentice
Its also over heating and Samsung solution to just switch it off to cool down.
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Some thought is that people are experiencing issues due to the phones exynos 990 chip and the 120hz refresh rate.

Is your phone the exynos 990 variant ?

If you change the refresh rate to a lower rate does this positively change the way the phone is operating @DonnaL  ?

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted
Sorry I have no idea. I don't know what that means or to do it sorry. Thanks for the suggestion though. I will Google it and see if I can figure it out.
Highlighted
The refresh rate makes no difference. This is a flagship device. We should not need to have these issues guys!?
Top Liked Authors