Support

Open search

Delay between pressing camera button and picture being taken resulting in missing the shot

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi all,

S20 Ultra here, have taken plenty of great shots with my camera, the quick updates since launch have fixed most issues people had at launch with the cameras but somthing that occasionally bugs me is a delay in capturing a photo after pressing the button, resulting in missing the shot.

Typical scenario - taking a photo of my kids , they move a lot so you dont have long to get a shot, I  pull the the phone out, line up the shot and press the button and nothing, 1 second, maybe 2 and it takes the shot and its not the shot you wanted.

It certainly isnt all the time, sometimes the shot is pretty much instant, I am begining to suspect its related to the auto focus, the phone doesnt focus quick enough or maybe doesnt think its focussed (often it looks fine on screen) so wont take the shot quickly when you need it to.

Any ideas?

72 REPLIES 72
Highlighted

@Dave-S20U wrote:

Which vibration? 

Find Touch interaction in Vibration intensity in the settings. You get like a small vibrate pattern to simulate the shutter of a camera. Set the vibration intensity to zero. It seems to have removed the delay. Let me know if you experience the same. 

Highlighted

Ah I've never had that turned on, my pics are all instant since the July update anyway

Highlighted

Yeah, I just wonder if this could be the reason why there was a delay 🤔 My shutter speed seems more accurate now. Maybe other people have the issue due to the same setting.. 

Top Liked Authors