Support

Open search

S10 Weather widget after Android 10 update One UI 2.0 lost ability to swipe up and down to change locations

Highlighted
Apprentice

Before the Android 10 and One UI 2.0 update I could easily see 2 locations on my weather widget just by swiping the widget up or down. And it will switch between the 2 locations or more the way I set it.

Now after I got the update, I can't do that anymore..... I have to open the weather app, and change the location manually. Even inside the app itself I can no longer swipe left or right to switch between locations.....

Why changed it? it was very convenient just to swipe up or down to switch locations...... 

Now I have 2 weather widgets on my home screen which taking space......

Bring the older feature back.......

87 REPLIES 87
Highlighted

I doubt it.  Samsung hasn't even acknowledged there is an issue in how many releases now?

THis is a user forum hosted by the manufacturer for users to communicate with each other.  There may be Samsung employees on here responding but there has been no indication if any of these compaints reach the people that matter and can do something about this.   Because Samsung hosts the forum we the users think/expect Samsung to be actively monitoring and taking issues from the forum for investigation but that does not seem to be the case..   

Highlighted

@GeorganneB wrote:

Do you think we will get a response from Samsung?

Nope! Smh.

Highlighted

I know it's terrible

The weather widget what's the point in it if you cant swipe to different locations I just think it's a stupid thing to take away,I also have fingerprint problems.....I dont think in the few months that I first posted about the weather widget than anyone has had a reply from samsung which is very very poor,I'm considering an iphone for my next upgrade 

Highlighted

I was hoping by now they would have responded.

Highlighted

@Wijdanj wrote:

I was hoping by now they would have responded.

Us, too. What's it been? Two months now? I don't think they will. 

Highlighted

Been longer than 3 months and I'm sure they won't respond. It's rather annoying. I really enjoyed this feature.

Highlighted

Samsung updated the weather widget but it still doesn't work like it should. In fact, you could argue this newest update may be even worse than the current bad widget!

Highlighted
Well, another Samsung update with the same, pathetic result: no fix for the Weather widget. BTW, I tried downloading an older Apk like my wife has on her S8 thinking I could install it and revert it. Nope. For one, I might have installed one specific to the S8 device but even though I downloaded a few different variants none would install. I tried 1.6.14.46 but I'm not sure what the most recent version was that worked like before. Does anyone else know, and would a rollback of that weather version work on updated phones (updated being otherwise full software updates)?
Top Liked Authors