Support

Open search

S10 not updating due to beta software - help

Highlighted
First Poster

As you can see - provided screenshots - I am not able to get a update on my S10. I figured the current software is still on beta software level ( I participated in One UI 2.0 beta ). But the beta program ended a while ago and my phone is still stuck on the software + security patch December. 

Any suggestions on what to do to change it? I already tried a simple factory reset but that didn't seem to change anything.Sorry for the screenshot - it's german. This notification pops up when restarting the phone. "This is Beta-Software. Due to its nature there could be unexpected errors. Please save your data ..." Nothing important.Sorry for the screenshot - it's german. This notification pops up when restarting the phone. "This is Beta-Software. Due to its nature there could be unexpected errors. Please save your data ..." Nothing important.

Screenshot_20200418-103939_Software update.jpg

Screenshot_20200418-103927_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200418-103925_Settings.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @rexbliser 

This may help.

From one of the help pages Samsung have 》samsungmembers.com/betatest/binary/us/faq 

9. How can I quit Galaxy beta Program ?

You can cancel through “Withdraw from Galaxy Beta Program” under the “Settings” menu in the “Samsung Members” app.

In order to use the official software and services, be sure to re-install (rollback) the final version of the official software.

You can re-install software by using the PC version of Smart Switch. Once the software is re-installed, the device will be reset and all data that was generated during the Galaxy Beta Program will be erased.

(You can find details from FAQ #10 below.)

All data which had been backed up before installing the beta software can be recovered, but there may be limitations in recovering data that was created after installing the beta software.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Top Liked Authors