Support

Open search

Option to open the camera app in last used mode disappeared in One UI 2.0

Highlighted
Apprentice

In Android 9.0 there was an option to open the camera in last used camera mode. Now in Android 10 (One UI 2.0) this option is gone. 

As described in: https://www.sammobile.com/2019/06/06/how-to-make-your-galaxy-s10-camera-always-open-in-last-used-mod... 

I was a very used feature for me so I want it back.

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted

Hey @Brainsie! Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this on to the developers team and see what it can be done. 

Highlighted

When you go into camera settings and select "camera modes" there is an option to Start camera on the last mode you were using. IS this what you are looking for.

Highlighted

@doc1964 wrote:

When you go into camera settings and select "camera modes" there is an option to Start camera on the last mode you were using. IS this what you are looking for.

Since the Android 10 update  don't have "camera modes' in the settings anymore. 

Highlighted

Hi there, sorry, didn't realise it was with Android 10 update. Hopefully get it reinstated in the future.

Highlighted

@doc1964 wrote:

Hi there, sorry, didn't realise it was with Android 10 update. Hopefully get it reinstated in the future.

the stable edition when dispatched will have it.

Highlighted

Hi @Brainsie , The developers have got back to us about this one.

So, it appears that with the 'More' section - and the ability to customise* it, and instantly open the camera in that mode by tapping the relevant option - the developers felt that 'Open the Camera app in last used mode' may not be needed. There's no current plans from them to reintroduce the option, but thanks to being made aware it could be useful for some of you guys, they'll reconsider it for the future.

*For those who may want to know, you can customise the Camera Mode menu by:  Camera app > More > pencil icon (edit) > tap and hold relevant Mode icon and drag to the bottom menu space to the position you want it to occupy > Save

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted

Is there a way to downgrade the camera app to the old version? or is there an apk of the old camera apk i could download? the removal of this feature is such a time waster as a film maker.

To be honest, i question why even put a 'more' section in the camera modes slides. It should have stayed in the settings. It only makes the camera UI look messier and people probably won't even use it after they get their wanted modes set out.

Highlighted
@pauljinuheo99: Sadly it isn't possible to revert back to a previous Android version following an update. You never know though, we may see this feature again one day.
Highlighted

'Open the Camera app in last used mode' is a feature that I and several of my friends use constantly. I'm rather annoyed at having to change the settings back each time, might be ok for staged shots when you have the time.

Top Liked Authors