Support

Open search

ONE UI and dual SIM handling.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,
Can somebody answer for me the following questions about how exactly ONE UI handles the dual Sims?
1. Can we assign different Sim to use for each contact?
2. If I call back an unanswered call, which is not in my contacts, is it going to use the Sim which was used for calling in first place or the default one? 

Thanks,
VGi

• OS

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

I'm not using a s10 but instead a Samsung Note 9 which is dual sim and am on the latest July update.

I cannot see any option to assign a sim to a contact. 

The phone will use the default sim chosen.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted

Thank you for your reply.

It's a shame, not smart at all from Samsung, even iOS can do  those things and they arrived at dual sim dead last.

Highlighted

Perhaps send your feedback via the Samsung Members App  / Samsung + app for them to consider @VGi 

Personally I only use my 2nd sim card for Mobile Data if my default sim loses connection.

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
I will, thanks again for your contribution.
Highlighted

You're very welcome  @VGi 

:smiling-face:

Current Phone ~

Highlighted
Apprentice

I'm going to feed this back too, it's actually really dangerous when driving. Have all favourite contacts on the car screen but I have to interact with my mobile to call somebody 

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi,

really shame that it is not possible to set which sim to use on a contact with the native app.

One of the main reasons of why to buy a dualsim phone is to use a sim for work and the other for private purposes. It is natural that I will use the the work sim to call my colleagues and bosses and the private sim to call my family and friends.

I found on play store the app "True Phone Dialer & Contacts" of hamster beat.

There is in settings a dualsim section that allow to associate to a contact a sim.

It makes my day!

Top Liked Authors