Support

Open search

Location turns itself on when battery is low - S10+

Highlighted
Apprentice

I've noticed in the past few weeks that when I get the notification for my battery being at 5%, my location automatically turns on. Is this happening to other people? Could there be an app I've downloaded that's causing this? Obviously makes my battery die faster from 5%. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
@nicolo90: This sounds like it might be a third party security feature designed to store the location of your phone at low battery in case you lose it. With this in mind, if you have a security app installed on the S10, check the settings to see if there's anything you can activate/deactivate here.
Highlighted

Thanks, Andrew. I haven't installed any security apps however when I search my settings, I see "SecutityLogAgent" and "Device Security". Are these both from Samsung?

Highlighted

They are indeed.

Could you check the Power Saving settings? When you go into 5% battery do you have these options set to limit power usage? This could be putting your Location Services into low power. More power than being off, but, at least it puts us on the right track if that's the case.

Welcome to the Community! :smileyhappy:

Highlighted

Hi Danny,  if I go to 'power mode' in my settings I'm able to change the current power mode but I don't see somewhere to preset a power mode for when the battery drops below 15% or 5%. I went into the location app permissions and also don't see any battery optimizing features under the system apps list of permissions. 

Top Liked Authors