Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waze keeps quitting when switching apps

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 10:04 PM)
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

Hello, seems like this is a new "feature" of Android 12. I start Waze navigation app, plan a route and start navigating. Then I switch to YouTube or whatever and expect Waze to be in background talking directions to me. To my surprise after some time I don't hear any instructions and then find out it is closed! This is quite dangerous when I am driving, realize this and get lost because of it and really I get pissed a lot when I switch to Waze, see it start again and it doesn't even remember where it was navigating me so I cannot just tap continue to the last place! Imagine driving and this happening. Pretty dangerous.

I tried to look in the battery settings / background usage limits and add Waze to applications that never sleep, but it is NOT IN THE LIST to choose from! Why is that?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SereneH
Options

@McVitas Is your app up to date (Play Store > Circle in the top right > Manage apps and device)? 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
McVitas
Pioneer
Options

Yes it is up to date. No updates available for Waze

0 Likes
Kallon
First Poster
Options

It's happening the same on my S10E and it's driving me nuts. Battery optimization is already off. I don't know what else could interfere with the correct behavior of the app. 

0 Likes