Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

This phone keeps disabling my apps and I can't stop it.

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 04:32 PM)
Riniel
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

There are apps on my phone that I never open, because I don't need to, but I can't have them disabled just because my phone decides to get creative without my permission. Weatherbug. I use it everyday in the notification bar to see the temperature at a glance and in the notification panel if I want more info. Today it was gone. I saw someone say in the battery settings there is a three dot icon to turn this invasive feature off but my Android 10 doesn't have it anymore. But it once did. This is why I don't update, everytime I do, I lose features or something breaks. I'm really mad that this broke without me even updating, it's really upsetting that Android can mess with your stuff even without permission. (No, I'm definitely not updating to 11. I purposely, meticulously back out of that up update prompt every single morning when my phone restarts. I want THIS os, where everything worked until right now. Ugh) Here of a screenshot where the three dots were, but aren't now, even though I purposely didn't update the stupid thing to avoid this very type of situation. Is there any other way of getting the phone to mind its own business and to stop disabling my stuff? I've searched in settings and nothing. I really don't want to have to manually open every app on my phone on a monthly basis like a regular phone period because Samsung wants to take away all your freedom like apple.Screenshot_20210119-001833_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Bwillg
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
hi,
thought would offer some help as saw no reply yet. the option is still there.
on screen that you took screenshot, select app power management and then switch off put apps to sleep.

Screenshot_20210118-174813_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Riniel
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

No.  That's not what I'm talking about. It's what I described.   Three dots that lead to more options like "auto disable unused apps." You'll see this option.  Here are the instructions I followed when I first got the phone.............How-to-Stop-the-Galaxy-S10-from-Disabling-Apps.png

https://krispitech.com/galaxy-s10-stop-disabling-apps/ 

0 Likes