Did you mean: 

Original topic:

STOP TEXT MESSAGES FROM EMAIL ADDRESS

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 04:32 AM)
gleed
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Lately, I received text messages from email addresses.  I reported them as spam to block them but they kept using new email addresses.  I PUT A STOP TO THIS MADNESS BY CALLING MY PROVIDER TO DISABLE THE FEATURE THAT ALLOWS MY PHONE TO RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES FROM EMAIL ADDRESS.    BYE BYE SPAM TEXT😝.     If you are having the same problem, maybe you should consider doing the same.  

2 REPLIES 2
Chris12345
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same here. I'm really sick of it. I get several per day. There's no way to block them. Verizon says there should be an option in the Messages app, but there isn't. Samsung, please fix!!!

0 Likes
Aggravated
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Have an A32 5G and have the same problem.  The functionality in the app to block numbers ONLY WORKS ON NUMBERS.  When I attempt to block the latest attempt at phishing via SMS/text, the app responds with a little popup message that states that that's not a valid phone number.

HELP, SAMSUNG!  You need to update the app to add an option that blocks ALL MESSAGES FROM ANYTHING THAT ISN'T A PHONE NUMBER.  The fact that it's possible to send SMS from an email address opens all your users up to a torrential flood of SPAM.  (Maybe I'm wrong, and it only LOOKS like it's coming from an email address, and in reality it was sent from a phone number, but I cannot SEE the phone number so I don't know whom to BLOCK.  I tried calling my 'carrier' and they only suggested downloading an APP from the Google Play Store which I shouldn't have to DO.  PLEASE FIX THIS FOR ALL GALAXY PHONES!  There's no reason this cannot be done.  Just add an option:  if the incoming message has an AT SYMBOL in it, BLOCK IT before it reaches my DEVICE!

I bought TWO Samsung devices, (an A32 phone and A7 tablet,) because I got sick of Apple's shenanigans.  DON'T MAKE ME GO BACK TO APPLE, Samsung.

0 Likes