Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

Spotify not playing any music once screen is lock then when i touch screen it plays again

(Topic created on: 09/03/19 18:30)
chantelle
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

When listening to spotify on my s10+ as soon as I lock my screen with side button plays a little while then minute later it locks properly and doesn't play music until I touch the screen again have gone through all settings can find anything that is stopping it 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Richmar83
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I had the same issue on my S9 following the One UI update. It introduced the sleeping apps function so when screen turned off then it put the app to sleep.

If you go to device care -> battery -> 3 dots top right, then 'sleeping apps' option. Remove spotify from list and all should be good.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Richmar83
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I had the same issue on my S9 following the One UI update. It introduced the sleeping apps function so when screen turned off then it put the app to sleep.

If you go to device care -> battery -> 3 dots top right, then 'sleeping apps' option. Remove spotify from list and all should be good.

View solution in context

Fudgy31
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

i have just checked and spotify was not in the sleeping apps

next solution PLEASE

dodgers
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I had the same issue. Try to go to settings>Apps>spotify>battery>optimise battery usage. Find spotify again and turn the optimising off.

0 Likes
Yorke101011
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This Issue doesn't seem to want to go away. I have done 'device optimisation' 'sleeping apps' 'allow background running'but nothing has worked yet.

After my phone is locked spotify will cut off after a short while

0 Likes
warly
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
After playing my music on Samsung music and turned it off it keeps saying no music playing on the locked screen.
how do I get rid of this.
0 Likes
Vincentyyl
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the exact same issue! It's beyond annoying that I have to keep the screen always on to get the songs going. But now I find a way out, downloading Spotify to mp3 and put the downloaded songs on my phone to play offline without the app. Problem solved.

0 Likes
fillysun
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Maybe you can try to play Spotify music offline without using the Spotify app. To do that, you can use the Music Converter Mac or Windows to convert  Spotify to MP3 and then you can move the songs to your phone for playing with ease. Hope you can enjoy your music without any problem.

0 Likes