Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Select to speak function gone in s10?

(Topic created on: 27-03-2019 05:47 PM)
SeeDee
Apprentice
Options

Have used a S9+ for the last year and have always used the function "select to speak" under accessibility since it really helps me read things sometimes when I can't see clearly (my eyes aren't great). Now in s10+ there is no select to speak function anymore. Just an annoying talkback one that doesnt work well. I really like the icon of the person in the bottom right corner and I can click that to read any part of the screen... but its gone now? 😞

help anyone. thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SeeDee
Apprentice
Options

I found it! need to download android accessibility suite app first.

Thank you for the help anyways

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
SeeDee
Apprentice
Options

bump, anyone please 😞

Got this new phone and its lovely but without this function it drastically decreases my experience with the phone. FWIW I'm talking about this from S9. It creates the icon of the guy at the bottom right and I can use it to select text to read out loud to me. 

accessibility-tts.png

0 Likes
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options
Hi See Dee, is Accessibility > Screen Reader not what you Require?
SeeDee
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the reply!!

I have experimented with that and that just reads the screen wherever I press. What I want is the guy on the bottom right of the screenshot where I can click him on demand for text I want read out loud.

WIth the current screen reader/ 'voice assistant' it creates a mess that just reads everything I click no matter what 😞

0 Likes
KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

Ah, Sorry I couldnt be more help. Seems like that have over engineered a perfectly good feature. Ill keep an eye out and think of you if I come across anything. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Solution
SeeDee
Apprentice
Options

I found it! need to download android accessibility suite app first.

Thank you for the help anyways

KillYourIdols
Helping Hand
Options

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: Glad you got it sorted :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
Hi, anything i can do to help or advise just let me know & i will do my best. I am visually impaired & use voice assistant in samsungs accessability vision settings
0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options

Anybody else having trouble with samsung galaxy S10 accessability's voice assistant audio cutting out & glitching especially whilst typing on keyboard?

The tts seems to be very laggy glitchy & sometimes goes really bad like its underwater or something

0 Likes
jkennedy5uk
First Poster
Options

I've downloaded it but still not working any idea how you got it working thanks

0 Likes