Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10e screen shows scratches within 2 weeks of careful usage..

(Topic created on: 18/04/20 09:42)
chris646
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi,

I have been using my S10e for 2 weeks and I couldn't be more happy with it. Before this I had a S6 (and before that a S4 and before that a S2) and again, the upgrade brings even more than I expected!

However, I notice that the screen seems to scratch shockingly easily. Within a few days already, a number of long, superficial scratches were visible, but now even a short, deeper scratch has appeared. This one especially is very visible and irritating. I have no idea how this is possible, because I treat my S10 very carefully, exactly the same way as my S6 before. I have had the S6 for 4 years, without it ever showing a single visible scratch (only a few very superficial ones over years of usage).

Hence, I was always impressed by the quality of the Samsung Galaxy screens, which makes it very surprising that the S10(e) seems so different in this regard. Is it just bad luck or are there more people with this experience?

Unfortunately, there no standard protector came with the S10e (as it does with the S10 and S10Plus) and - to my surprise - the scratches were already visible before I had the chance to attach a separate screen protector myself.

69 REPLIES 69
JC101
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have exactly the same issue as yours.  My old, hand-me-down Samsung S5 lasted for years without a single scratch on the screen.  Yet the S10 screen didn't last 2 weeks with careful usage before patches of fine scratches and some deeper scratches appeared even though it's protected by a phone wallet cover from day 1.  Very disappointing.

0 Likes
Carlil93
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have a Samsung Note S10+ and I'm currently experiencing the same issue. I've started from a Samsung S3 and went up skipping some generations of the phone.  I always put them in my pocket and I pulled out my phone and I am shocked from the amount of scratches it has. Every other Samsung I have owned has been in perfect condition when I kept them in my pocket. I've been googling everything to somehow get rid of them.  I'm happy I'm not the only one who noticed this!

0 Likes
Muhammadaamil
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

i have been ussing my samsung gakaxy s10 plus for few months.  now a days i just put out my temperd glass on my phone..with only just  a little bit slip on my laps..while sitting...my phone got a deep scrath about 2-3 inches... it is ver shameful fot samsung..s10 plus series..

whre are all the gorilla glasses...on the phone scren. such a useless phone that i hav ever used...

plz dont buy samsung smrtphones

0 Likes
Iulian3
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hi guys,
I can say I am a bit lucky. 1 month ago I visited Samsung support centre and they changed the screen for free. Everything was under warranty.
I explained I always keep a card inside the flip case pocket. The card is not metallic and I don't see why the screen is scratching so easy. They send a email to Samsung and in 3 hours they got the approve. Now because I know what is happening I will change the plastic film when the original one will get to scratched .
Maybe this will help.
0 Likes
Janeelene
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I had the same issue. Had the phone 2 weeks and it had a lot of small scratches.. I was so disappointed. I had my galazy s7 many years with no problem, so at that moment I regreted my "upgrade".

I had seen there was some kind of protection on the screen, but it was pretty stuck on there. After reading instructions to remove it, I tried a bit harder. It came off and the screen seems back to galaxy standard.

0 Likes
doc1964
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Seriously does anyone read previous posts. 6 pages of posts that tell you that this phone comes with a thin plastic screen protector that scratches easily. You will find that you can peel this off but i would recommend that you first look to buy a tempered glass protector.

0 Likes
Stefan-Dus
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@doc1964 wrote:

Seriously does anyone read previous posts. 6 pages of posts that tell you that this phone comes with a thin plastic screen protector that scratches easily. You will find that you can peel this off but i would recommend that you first look to buy a tempered glass protector.

You are the one not reading. It's the actual glass that scratches that easy.

Gruß,
Stefan
--
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Watch 46mm, Buds v1 + v2
0 Likes
doc1964
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So the plastic screen that comes with the S10e is practically invisible with most people not even aware that there is one on it.

So why having just received this brand new phone are people peeling this off. I had to examine my phone really closely before i believed it had a plastic screen saver on it, it was that hard to see.

0 Likes
Stefan-Dus
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

You peel it off when it becomes scratchy. But when you are used to Samsung phones till the 10 series, you had never the need to use a foliet or plastic screen. The glasses never got damaged from just putting the phone in your pocket. Then came the 10. Just from carrying it the glass received tons of micro scratches.

Gruß,
Stefan
--
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Watch 46mm, Buds v1 + v2
SkyLegend
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Read carefully about my case: I buy the S10+ Galaxy specifically for gaming and media stuff as I use another cheaper phone for calls.

After 2 weeks of gaming use, my screen got a lot of scratches! Like where the f!!! is the "gorilla glass X" protection whatsoever!?

I didn't carry out my phone from my room desk, never in any kind of pocket or bag, always cleaning it after every gaming session! Always with my hands clean! And get the screen got scratches like if my hands were made from metal with scratches of level 5 with "deeper" groves at Lvl as JerryRigEverithing says...lmao! 

I didn't use a screen protector because of the stupid ultra*****ty fingerprint scanner under the display I just ended selling my S10+ before it got more damaged just for freaking using the phone!

I'm so disappointed about this generation of Galaxy screens I think the only viable solution is to stop using the Fingerprint scanner with a good CRISTAL screen protector (not any kind of plastic who will get damaged) or just as I'm thinking about going back to the S9 lineup with actual FINGERPRINT SENSOR so I can use a ***** SCREEN PROTECTOR in my phone!

I at the edge of thinking all this new trending about fingerprint under the screen is to accelerate the grade of damage in the phone screen.

I was about to buy the Note or even the S20 but now I'm overthinking it because I will accept a screen that gets damaged for only normal usage of the phone!!!