Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e Cannot play Android Auto

(Topic created on: 07-12-2023 01:47 PM)
KeithDevon
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have a Galaxy s10e that won't connect to a 2020 Volvo V90 Android Auto. Android Auto start screen appears on phone when USB cable plugged in, but when I press "Next" it disappears into the ether!

Unale to change USB settings on phone whilst connected to vehicle. I try to select File Transfer / Android Auto setting, but it jus flips back to This Phone setting.

I have entered Developer Mode on phone and changed default USB setting to File Transfer / Android Auto, but it doesn't make any difference.

Same problem with various USB cables. Currently on Android 10 software.

Any help / tips greatly appreciated as I have run out of ideas now!

4 REPLIES 4
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
What version of android-auto are you running on phone? Try going to apkmirror and updating to latest version....the version on Google play isn't the latest version
0 Likes
KeithDevon
Apprentice
Options
Hello, i am running version 10.8.634424. Says updated on 14.11.23 on Google Play?
0 Likes
javascript
Pioneer
Options
Hi this might help!

Check if there are any specific Android Auto settings on your car's infotainment system that may need adjustment.

On your phone, go to Settings > Apps > Android Auto > Permissions, and ensure that all necessary permissions are granted.
0 Likes
KeithDevon
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I have tried both of those and it still ins't working.

Car and phone connect OK. Car states Starting Android Auto, Android Auto start screen comes up on phone. I press "Next" and screen disappears and car states "Reconnect device". Very frustrating.

On phone USB settings I am unable to change "Use USB for" to anything at all. When I try to set it to "Transferring files / Android Auto" the sequence above starts and then fails again in exactly the same way.

I have enabled developer options on phone and set Default USB configuration to "Transferring files etc", but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Also cannot change "USB controlled by" to connected device either. It fails but just says Cannot Connect.

Any help really appreciated.

0 Likes