Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ unable to charge with cord and over heating issues

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 03:23 PM)
Hannah A
First Poster
Options

3/11/21

2 weeks ago cord and phone became hot while charging. Promptly removed charging cord. Now phone reads that it has water damage, which is untrue as I don't have it near water ever. Phone has not charged successfully from Samsung cords since then. Only able to wireless charge. When I wireless charge it heats up fairly quick. Can this phone be replaced by Samsung even though I purchased 3/15/2019? 

I use Samsung Charging base and cord. I have soft rebooted and checked the sticker for water damage and it still doesn't charge and shows no color change for water damage.

What are my options I have done everything by the book. This is too expensive of a phone to break so fast. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Hannah A: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with your Galaxy S10+. Where abouts are you based? Are you using the original charger and cable that came packaged with the device, and do you have another charger that you can try to see if the issue persists? If you open the Samsung Members app and head to Get Help > Interactive Checks > USB, and follow the on screen instructions, does this return any errors? 

0 Likes
Hannah A
First Poster
Options

I am using original cords and tried a non original cord to test the issue and to no avail.

I tried the interactive check and it says "action required". 

0 Likes
Rajsahab
Helping Hand
Options
Looks like many people suffering from many problems after updating February security patch update my galaxy s10 plus experiencing front facing cameras shutter delay which is really annoying.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Hannah A: Thank you for checking that for me. If the Interactive Check has returned an 'Action Required' error, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, or via Facebook or Twitter, where an advisor will be able to look into this further for you, and arrange any necessary repairs. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
ErikaV1
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys, my S10+ got wet over a week ago. So I waited until it dried out and many hours later as I went to sleep, I put it to charge and got no warning of moisture. In the morning the phone was not charged, when I disconnected the cable and pluged back in it did gave me a moisture warning. I had only 2% battery left and during that I couldn't solved anything.

I didn't have any wireless charger with me so I had to wait until coming back home. As said before it was over a week and I still cannot charge my phone, neither with cable nor with the wireless device. The phone just changed the moisture warning simbol for a temperature one, and it just still doesn't charge. If it weren't for my old Nokia I'll still be incomunicated. 

I really don't know what the problem is.

16255886174932201611864220355447.jpg

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ErikaV1: I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. If you are unable to establish a charge using a wired or wireless charger, and are seeing temperature and moisture warnings, then the best course of action would be to reach out to our Help Desk to arrange and engineers inspection. Please be aware that our warranty doesn't cover issues of physical/liquid damage, therefore if the issue is deemed to be the result of liquid ingress then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes