My s10 plus is getting very hot when using it and charging it , 

Is anyone else having this issue? 

I'm sure the metal sides are not helping either conducting heat 

60 REPLIES 60
Simbcfc1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I have updated the software before anyone asks ...
0 Likes
LfcLad
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Every phone is like that. You're causing heat by using it and you're causing heat by charging it. Do both together and guess what... you cause more heat. 

My s8 was the same. If I use wireless charging on my tablet and use it at the same time, within an hour I'm unable to touch the back of it cause it's that's hot (have done this a few times by forgetting about it, try not to do it because it can't be good for it).

Let your phone charge for a bit without using it, do something else then when you do go to use it, take it off the charger. 

0 Likes
Simbcfc1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Mate is burning my hand 

This is not right and I've never had a Samsung that gets this hot , I've had every model 

Tebbit
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Im having the same issue 

.... it's being sent in tonight , replacement is on its way.  I'll keep sending them back until they fix this issue.  That and the battery life

0 Likes
Simbcfc1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It getting hot when off the charger too to be clear...

LfcLad
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ah sorry, you didn't say that. 

What are you using it for when it gets hot? Normal usage or pushing the boundaries?

Best solution? Pour some oil on it and cook yourself a fry 😛 

0 Likes
Simbcfc1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Just normal usage , browsing, Facebook etc

Nothing too intensive 

JTC
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This is worrying! 

Please keep us informed of the outcome. 

ChrisM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @Simbcfc1.

As has been mentioned, it is normal for your device to generate some heat whilst in use or charging, particularly if you're doing both things at once. Have a look at this FAQ. However, as you’re having particular concerns, we’d be happy to get someone to call you to look into this. We've sent you a PM.

0 Likes
Tebbit
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

No this isn't normal! I have had every Samsung s...

Since they have come out! Not one had gotten this hot during use.  Add this to the poor connectivity , battery life,  and all programs glitching out! Samsung ***** The pooch on this one

0 Likes
Sophielouise312
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi

I have literally taken my s10+ out of the box half an hour ago and while setting up its abnormally hot can someone contact me about this?

0 Likes
Elisomething
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

hey bro mines the same but with snapchat calling it basicly feels like my hand is burning hard to hold when like this 

0 Likes
Reh381
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Make them exchange it. I did and the new one doesn't even get warm.
Tcherrington
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello All,

I thought I would give the thread an update.

Ever since my swapout I have had no issues, No over heating, slugishness or any other kind of glitch. It is in my opinion the best smartphone I hav  ever owned.

Interesting point, my wife has the same phone S10+ bought at the same time. and has had no issues at all. She is a heavy Social media user.

I want to take this opertunity to thank Samsung Customer care. They have been incredibly helpful and supportive in all my issues, and ar an example of how all company's should treat thier customers. SO thank you.

Cac
Observer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes having same problem.. phone is hot. Seems to happen when charge is getting low

0 Likes
Leahno1aunty
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Mine is hot and its turned its self off 10 times today 😞
0 Likes
Reh381
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Just for the  record I have a S10e.

0 Likes
SarahM
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

mine does it while streaming netflix

0 Likes
mlpz
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi, I'd talk about my case with specific information: model s10 plus exynox.

Configuration: normal level of bright, qhd+.

-Usual temperature without activity: 28-33 °c

-Usual temperature with low activity: 32-35 °c

-Camera use (some minutes different modes): 35 to 39 °c. If the activity is taking videos, more lilely 38-39 °c

-browsing internet, normal use but displaying many images. Or watching videos in youtube for  a time (30minutes or more): 35-38 °c

I dont find these values to be dangerous but still a bit uncomfotable and disappointing. Are they normal values? It's almost a new device. Thanls in advance!

0 Likes
Fudgy31
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

i'll have bacon sandwich please