Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10+ led view cover no longer working after update

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 07:52 AM)
Guji
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I purchased the s10+ on pre order and purchased the LED view wallet cover also at the same time. After the January update, it has stopped working. I have messaged Samsung on twitter and live chat and they gave me loads of steps to follow with the final one being to factory reset my device. They then concluded that the update has made the cover stop working but have not provided me with a solution for this problem. 

When I put the cover on I get the notification "congratulations on your new cover" and the "LED icon editor" app also appears. Literally everything on the device is the same but The LED notifications no longer appear on the cover.

Is anyone else having the same issue and found a resolution yet? I must say I'm very disappointed that I have the 1tb version and bought the most expensive Samsung cover which has stopped working as a result of their update and now not getting any help regarding my problem. 

68 REPLIES 68
ShawnEverette
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes mine stopped working also after the update.  

0 Likes
Wunderkind906
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am frustrated and have exactly the same issue! How ridiculous is that - to buy the top-end phone with their original (and expensive) cover which they then make not working. Makes no sense whatsoever! I am totally with you on this as I'm really fuming about this. Just makes me think to avoid Samsung products going forward.

Wunderkind906
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Guji, that is exactly what would be my expectation. Any company would replace, recall or refund the item if it is faulty/no longer working, especially when it is the manufacturer's fault. I am really disappointed that a tech giant like Samsung is taking no responsibility whatsoever. Even after admitting that this is their fault.

0 Likes
rokasgilys
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks @Jason461!

Yeah, it worked for me, but you need to restart your phone after that.

Prisijunk prie diskusijos apie naujuosius Galaxy Z serijos įrenginius!
rokasgilys ParašasJeigu tau padėjo mano atsakymas, spausk PRIIMTI KAIP SPRENDIMĄ.
0 Likes
Members_cKrwUr0
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It works perfectly in my case! Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
SATURN V
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

IT WORKED!!!  thanks a lot - I'd better remember your advice...  seems that the problem with the LecViewCover turns up again later -  kind regards and thanks again! regards

0 Likes
Nick_W
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks Jason461, removing the cover part way through the update worked for me too.  However there is a trap.  After running the update and taking the cover off part way through, I was on version 005/00E/00A and the LED Cover was working.  But it still showed me a "A new version is available" msg.  I ran this (without taking the cover off) and the version number was then 005/00E/000, and I got a "LED icon Editor Couldn't finish update Try installing again" msg!!  Tried the install again and got the same result.  Tried it yet again and took the cover off part way through, then put the cover back on.  Initially, it showed LED View Cover version 005/000/000 and the cover was working.  However when I went back into LED View Cover a minute or two later it was showing Version 005/00E/00A and "The latest version is already installed".  HOWEVER, I got out, locked the phone, went back in and looked at LED View Cover and it shows Version 005/00E/00A and "A new version is available"!  My learning: if you're on Version 005/00E/00A, ignore the "A new version is available" msg!

0 Likes
Members_2q0qBCR
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

July 2021. Galaxy note 10 with the same issue, I must have been lucky - I didn't have time for a "guess, go and hope" solution from Samsung so took the phone out of the cover, switched the phone off, had a cup of tea, put phone back in and switched it back on....the cover now works correctly again.  Great stuff tea. Hope this helps someone else!!

0 Likes
SATURN V
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

If you remember to turn-off wifi/mobile data when turning-off your phone; or in other words, do not start your phone with the above activated; do not activate until phone has started completely up. There is a bug in androids newest versions as regards to S10..  If you do as described above; you will not get the message to update your LED view cover again and again and again 😉

0 Likes