Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ led view cover no longer working after update

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 07:52 AM)
Guji
Apprentice
Options

I purchased the s10+ on pre order and purchased the LED view wallet cover also at the same time. After the January update, it has stopped working. I have messaged Samsung on twitter and live chat and they gave me loads of steps to follow with the final one being to factory reset my device. They then concluded that the update has made the cover stop working but have not provided me with a solution for this problem. 

When I put the cover on I get the notification "congratulations on your new cover" and the "LED icon editor" app also appears. Literally everything on the device is the same but The LED notifications no longer appear on the cover.

Is anyone else having the same issue and found a resolution yet? I must say I'm very disappointed that I have the 1tb version and bought the most expensive Samsung cover which has stopped working as a result of their update and now not getting any help regarding my problem. 

73 REPLIES 73
Sorel212
First Poster
Options

It worked, THANK YOU SO MUCH, you fixed my cover!

0 Likes
Railroad153
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem with mine, but it half works. By that I mean the top line works, but the bottom line doesn't. When I close the case it displays the time, and if my phone's on charge it'll show the battery icon. But the battery percentage which was on the bottom line is not shown anymore. This is the best I can now get.
When my phone restarts it displays a message to update to the latest LED software, but it always fails to install. So I just clear the notification and it's OK until my phone restarts again. Top line only though. This is disappointing as the bottom line has disappeared ever since an update. Prior to that it all worked fine. The situation now isn't ideal, but it's the best compromise.
0 Likes
FRD1
First Poster
Options

Thx for the fix, removal during the update worked. 

0 Likes
Members_xkkG79E
First Poster
Options

I had the "LEDs not working" problem with a new LED View Cover for my Samsung Galaxy S10e. It recognized the cover, but the LEDs did not work. The firmware version was 005/000/000. I could not force the update, whatever I did. Then I removed the cover while the phone was charging on USB, and put it back. NFC was also turned on. All of a sudden it said a new firware is available and asked if I wanted to install. I confirmed the installation and after about 20 to 30% I removed the phone from the cover. When I put it back it worked! The new software version was 005/00B/00A. Shortly after this it reported again a new firmware is available. After having confirmed the upgrade, it still worked fine. The current firmware is 005/00E/00D.

So maybe you can force the firmware update by: turning NFC on, put on USB charge, turn on WiFi, remove the cover and put it back. Perhaps the phone needs to be unlocked, too. BTW for the operation NFC does not need to be turned on.

0 Likes