Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10+ led view cover no longer working after update

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 07:52 AM)
Guji
Apprentice
Options

I purchased the s10+ on pre order and purchased the LED view wallet cover also at the same time. After the January update, it has stopped working. I have messaged Samsung on twitter and live chat and they gave me loads of steps to follow with the final one being to factory reset my device. They then concluded that the update has made the cover stop working but have not provided me with a solution for this problem. 

When I put the cover on I get the notification "congratulations on your new cover" and the "LED icon editor" app also appears. Literally everything on the device is the same but The LED notifications no longer appear on the cover.

Is anyone else having the same issue and found a resolution yet? I must say I'm very disappointed that I have the 1tb version and bought the most expensive Samsung cover which has stopped working as a result of their update and now not getting any help regarding my problem. 

73 REPLIES 73
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

This might be connected, or it might not, but have a look at the following topics :

Clear-View-Standing-Cover-problems-after-booting-the-S9

Clear-view-cover-stop-working-after-January-update-One-UI-2-0

When my S9's Clear View Standing Cover starts misbehaving I wipe the cache partition and that typically helps for some time : galaxy-s10-cache-partition

0 Likes
Guji
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your response. I don't know if its the same issue but gave it a go but still no luck. Hopefully someone else comes up with a solution as this is currently a normal wallet cover which is not the reason I purchased it. 

0 Likes
Lee5G88
Explorer
Options
Hi @Guji

I've have the exact same issue and have only received basic troubleshooting from Samsung..

The final verdict was that it must be a Hardware compatibility issue with the Latest Update i.e the OneUI 2 update is not compatible with the LED Smart Cover.... which is difficult to comprehend given that the cover is specific to the S10.... (if it was a generic case i'd half understand..)

I'm going to call into my local Samsung tech store when I get a chance and see what their thoughts are..

BR

Lee
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
Guji
Apprentice
Options

I'm glad I'm not the only one and I received a similar verdict from Samsung after they made me try all these things. The thing that's annoying is that even though they understand its due to the update, they are not willing to take liability and replace the hardware. I even purchased my cover directly from Samsung which is even more frustrating that they are unwilling to help. For almost all things we have a recall when a fault is identified and either replaced, refunded or exchanged. I will try my local Samsung service centre when I get a chance too. Please let me know how you get on. 

Lee5G88
Explorer
Options
Will do.

I agree that it's not a suitable response.

FYI, mine is the S10 so that's now the S10 and S10+ that have been identified as having this issue.

I'm hoping for others with different variations of the S10 add to this.. common themes and all that..

BR,

Lee
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
Lee5G88
Explorer
Options
Try this link to another post on this forum for same/similar issue but under different title...: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10e-S10-S10-S10-5G/Samsung-PLEASE-FIX-the-LED-cover-case...
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
Donatien
First Poster
Options

i am having the exact same problem on mine as well, no solution so far

0 Likes
Guji
Apprentice
Options

After several contact with Samsung it was finally admitted that it was due to the update. I was reassured that they will push out an update which will add this feature again. Since then there was an update but it still didn't work. I have lost hope in Samsung accessories and very displeased with Samsung customer service. I have since then bought another cover from amazon so don't know if the issue has been resolved. There was literally an update this morning so I may give it a go if I remember where I placed my cover

0 Likes
Sama20
First Poster
Options

Yes  i have the same problem on my S9 pluss cellphone

0 Likes