Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10+ interfering with home wifi

(Topic created on: 12-04-2019 08:31 PM)
Arbe
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

After talking to my telco for 3 days straight as the wifi keeps dropping out completely and they send a technician to check the line etc . This morning I realized that it is my new Samsung S10+ that is actually stopping the wifi from working on most other (but not all) devices... 

So when I turn the already slow (and that is because of old copper lines) wifi on - it works fine as long as I do not turn the wifi on on the phone as well - otherwise the laptop, printer and phone itself will have no wifi.. says Internet connected but cant load anyting and on the phone it says " Connected - Internet may not be available" 

Strangely enough though - my also new Samsung Smart TV still works...so there must be a connection... 

My old S7 works fine... my husband still has a S7 he has no issues...even when my s10 is on wifi..

I tested this this morning with a simple speed test - runs ok when the phone wifi is off - as soon as I turn it on it cant get a connection - so its def the phone....

I have disconnected the TV as a paired device too but does not make a difference - as soon as I turn the wifi on on the phone - the internet on the computer and printer stops....

Any idea how to fix this?  Clearly the whole point for buying a new flash phone is to use it... I do not have unlimited data and want to upload at least my photos to the cloud but rather not do that via data ....

Any help? Ta 

3 REPLIES 3
roastedwookie
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

What settings do you have on your wifi?

2.4ghz: mode,channel,width

5ghz mode channel width

0 Likes
DZ450
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I'm having the same issue - though it only started 4 months or so after using the phone. I noticed that whenever my phone was connected to the wifi, my internet slowed down, the printer wasn't working and my security cameras weren't connecting to the system. As soon as I turn off the wifi on my phone, everything works normally. Have you come across a solution (other than switching back to iphone :-))
0 Likes
Mobile12
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have the same problem. When I connect to wifi I can't make or receive calls. If I can I cannot use the keypad to make selections on automated switchboard!! Totally useless. 

Did you manage to resolve your issue? 

Suzy

0 Likes