Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10+ dual SIM not getting updates

(Topic created on: 24-04-2020 11:04 PM)
YuleLog
Student
Options

Hi there,

I purchased the phone from Taiwan last year.

SIM 1 is UK number. SIM2 is empty. I don't have a Taiwanese SIM card with me atm.

However, the phone hasn't received any updates since August 2019. Could anyone please help with this issue.

Screenshot_20200424-230152_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200424-230158_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately this can happen if a phone which has been released to be used in one country is then imported into another country to use @YuleLog 

Known as a grey import.

Also your phone has the Xeu CsC which is a phone purchased from a reseller and is unlocked to all network's. From my personal experience of buying this type of Samsung phone the updates can be very slow.

Phones bought from Samsung directly have the BTU CsC.

Updates can be slow or non existent.

Maybe try the Samsung Smartswitch option to see if it'll update that way @YuleLog 

If the Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centres were open you could have asked them if they were willing to update the phones software. Although they may decline due to the phone being an import and the terms of 24 month manufacturing warranty may not apply due to it being an import. It wouldn't however harm to ask when they re open after the COVID-19 pandemic.

If no good then you could look at a Custom Rom.

The xdadevelopers site has good explanations and tutorials.

Disclaimer 》 

Using a Custom Rom can bring about an unstable phone or it may not work properly if the process glitches or the wrong Rom is used.

A person takes full responsibility if they perform this process and do so at their own informed decision. Samsung would levy a charge to put this right. But as your phone is also an import they may not be able to help put it right.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
YuleLog
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply.

That's a frustration.

SIM 1 is XUE. I wonder is that because when I did factory reset I had

UK SIM in SIM 1 slot

TW SIM in SIM 2 slot

Would that be the case SIM 1 is showing seu but not SIM 2?

I'll probably get it sorted when next time I travel back to Taiwan.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Typically when the phone has a XEU Csc it means that the phone is unlocked to all networks but just that the phone has come from a reseller and not directly from Samsung. 

I can only speak from my personal experience with the XEU csc Samsung phones.

I once bought a Samsung s7 Edge from Carphone Warehouse which had the Xeu CsC and it took an age to update.

The annoying thing is that even though the shop was run and owned by Carphone Warehouse it has the Samsung Experience Store signage on the shop and staff were wearing Samsung uniform. I only noticed when I bought it and they handed me the sales invoice that then said Carphone Warehouse  ! :serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth:

Thankfully now Samsung bought those Samsung Experience Stores. :smiling-face:

A phone that's been supplied by a network will typically have a locked status on it.

If your going back to Taiwan then Yes while your there it'll get an update.  :smiling-face:

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes