Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S10 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 22/04/19 17:56)
Jay83
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So I've just switched over to a s10+ from iPhone  x and don't get me wrong I'm loving the phone but to me seems the battery life is pritty poor, sent a few emails this morning and lost 5% on battery life?????

1,252 REPLIES 1,252
dani8501
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Screenshot_20190426-185345_Settings.jpg

I still have 37 percent battery after  5 hours of screen time in 1 day

 

0 Likes
Reply
bigjig
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Are you using medium power mode or optimised?
0 Likes
Reply
BorpZ
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Solution ?

 

0 Likes
Reply
dani8501
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

check what i said in last post
i gave u solution

0 Likes
Reply
Fudgy31
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@dani8501 what's the solution mate?

0 Likes
Reply
Practicallygeek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Guy's there isn't a solution unless software or a recall is issued - package disabler is a temp fix to get bit more battery outta your phone - its not a fix, this phone shudnt need apps disabling to get the battery you paid for. 

Suvasish
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Totally agree.  What surprises me is that there has been no media coverage and backlash yet. 

Practicallygeek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Suvasish wrote:

Totally agree.  What surprises me is that there has been no media coverage and backlash yet. 


My thoughts are that people are getting a day of usage and think that's normal for a smartphone- if your not into details or look at what a 4100 battery should get you then you wont really think there's an issue. I'm not at all saying everyone shud be a "geek" but I'm certain there are many many people with these phones not knowing in fact their battery is poor. 

 

Anyway I've decided not stick with it - how long would a software if that's the fix to arrive. 

Like you said I wonder if Samsung even know or are fixing it . . .my response on Twitter said it all for me :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

 

P.S my battery is on 66% with 1h 40 mins SOT, on wifi my usage was over just over 4h sot at 66% 

There is a major issue here

0 Likes
Reply
Practicallygeek
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Seeing loads of new battery threads opening - this could get Samsung looking better into each case - sad really 😞 

0 Likes
Reply
Curt_Interludes
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Just called Samsung, the woman I was speaking to said she will talk to the Samsung rep herself about this issue. unfortunately, she also informed me that the company is unaware this is an issue. I just don’t know what to do anymore, on one hand I have a beautiful phone, on the other I have this immense frustration.

Lilo88
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ok so today after complaining yesterday today I've had my phone off charge for over 10 hours and still got 50% 

The only difference I made was actually using the charger that came with the phone rather than the s8 one I already had plugged in 🤷‍♀️

0 Likes
Reply
ThiagoMartins
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Practicallygeek wrote:

@Suvasish wrote:

Totally agree.  What surprises me is that there has been no media coverage and backlash yet. 


My thoughts are that people are getting a day of usage and think that's normal for a smartphone- if your not into details or look at what a 4100 battery should get you then you wont really think there's an issue. I'm not at all saying everyone shud be a "geek" but I'm certain there are many many people with these phones not knowing in fact their battery is poor. 

 

Anyway I've decided not stick with it - how long would a software if that's the fix to arrive. 

Like you said I wonder if Samsung even know or are fixing it . . .my response on Twitter said it all for me :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

 

P.S my battery is on 66% with 1h 40 mins SOT, on wifi my usage was over just over 4h sot at 66% 

There is a major issue here


Yeah, I'm in a Facebook page only for s10's family and people are crazy posting battery screenshots showing like 15/17h of battery and claping for Samsung like they were having the most amazing battery... So naive. I became the black sheep just by stating I myself have a problem haha.

Curt_Interludes
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Okay, just got 5 hours screen on time on 4g, that much better than what i got the other day?
0 Likes
Reply
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

totally agree the fault is not samsung 100% is the us the people that is not reporting the issues 

BorpZ
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Well, in my opinion, there should not be any faults in the first place for us to report as these devices should have been tested correctly before being sold. We are the end consumer so I think we should be getting a finished product that is fit for function. We are not beta testers for new devices and when I put my own money down for a flagship device I would at least expect Samsung to have made sure the devices don't have such as severe problem.

Colin19
Troubleshooter
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@BorpZ wrote:
Well, in my opinion, there should not be any faults in the first place for us to report as these devices should have been tested correctly before being sold. We are the end consumer so I think we should be getting a finished product that is fit for function. We are not beta testers for new devices and when I put my own money down for a flagship device I would at least expect Samsung to have made sure the devices don't have such as severe problem.


Well all software can have bugs, even after it has been tested this won't show up untill more people use said software and start reporting issues.

Did you complain to Microsoft or Apple when there software had big bugs and issues. 

0 Likes
Reply
dani8501
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

i am charging my phone after 24 hours 

with 47 percent battery left

and 4 hours screen time

its been 4 days i am getting same  battery timeming

 

24 hours    47 percent left  with 4 hours of screen time 

 

 

0 Likes
Reply
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

what phone s10+ or ?

 

24 hours of usage or 4 hours ?

0 Likes
Reply
dani8501
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
s10 plus
24 hour usage
still 47 percent battery

screen time 4 hours but still after 24 hours 47 percent battery is remaining
0 Likes
Reply
Curt_Interludes
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@dani8501 wrote:
s10 plus
24 hour usage
still 47 percent battery

screen time 4 hours but still after 24 hours 47 percent battery is remaining

thats very good indeed, im guessing you do a lot of reading on your device? and also remain connected to wifi? 

0 Likes
Reply
Cardy06
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Only 4 hours screen time is not really good ... But better than me with my S10 and my poor 2h... 

0 Likes
Reply