Original topic:

Quick panel button grid - S10e Android 10

(Topic created on: 04/12/19 14:15)
Mrclius
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi there,

Am I missing something or has the option to change the button grid in quick panel been removed?

Wouldn't be surprised as samsung is known for removing useful features because they feel like it. 

PS. I kind of regret updating to 10. Battery live is slightly worse, few functions are missing (can't see screen battery usage in device care anymore, can't change button grid in quick panel). 

Everything was so ***** good on 9 and why oh why did I update 😞

30 REPLIES 30
Dlhughes38
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Is there a way we can change the 4x4?  It was much simpler when I had the 5x5. I Cannot stand it now. 

hotwills93
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I know!! I'm so upset with this. How could they get rid of grid? It's aesthetically unpleasing when you scrolling down with so many buttons. Bring the previous thing back please!!

Dani-L
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I agree 100% about this S20. My 9 was better. 

I can't figure out how to turn this phone off

smsung-improver
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

It's even worse in the latest release. 

They completely removed any feature to arrange the size of the grid. There is even no need to keep a "Quick Panel Layout" item. This is ludicrous. There is almost nothing left in it. 

That's my last Samsung phone.

Why? Because obviously I got the message that Samsung is sending.

I complained, I sent my feedback. And instead of being listened, you intentionally do more in the exact opposite way by removing any feature to change this panel layout totally. 

At least you could let us send an adb shell command to set this layout using the native Android variables (adb shell settings put secure qs_tile_column 5). But you even blocked this Android capability, using a free OS to force the way you see this interface should be, that's disrespectful for Android, but also for your customers.

Gyugyubuggy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yeah I'm having the same experience over here too, I don't know what's up with that. 

Gyugyubuggy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

They should give us the choice to choose what kind of grid that we want on our devices. I would like to have my grid at a 3 by 3 But I don't even have the choice to go back. 

Skalamanga
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I dont really mind how many columns there are, all I want is for there to be the same amount in the one row layout that there are in the multi row layout, otherwise the rightmost toggle changes depending on how many rows are visible!

This is a fundamental design failure.

DrJay
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks for the info but please state where we can complain and request?

DrJay
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Email tech support to complain or request about features? Seems there would be a more specific place, no? 

smsung-improver
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Maybe you should read a bit about the complaint then. We don't ask for a new feature. We aren't able to make an ex feature working, nore via the GUI because they removed its support, nore via adb.