Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Please stop the icons from taking over Google calendar original for icon

(Topic created on: 19-08-2019 09:32 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Please stop the theme's icons from taking over Google's calendar, phone, messages and other apps icons. 

This has been happening since Samsung Galaxy S6! 

I've been told by the support that I need to contact the 3rd party developers of the themes to resolve this, that they have no power over this. How is that possible Samsung?

It's Samsung's OneUi and Theme Store, not 3rd party. 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

@AntS  hi!

Since you're the one of the top many who care about suggestions, errors and helps,could you please report this problem?

If you wish to replicate the problem, simply download Google calendar, Google contacts etc. It will take over those apps because it recognizes that it has the same name as Samsung apps. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Adi0 , :smiling-face:

I pitched something related to this as a suggestion to the developers back in 2018. The developer response back then was:

"It's not possible to mix and match the themes, it's a framework problem, they come in packages and the device can only run 1 package at a time.

So it will not be implemented."

And that situation was still true in late 2019; when I got an answer from the developers specifically about your query in this thread - and there weren't any changes on it planned by the developers for the near future.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options
That's so sad. I mean it's not that big of a deal but still... U get me. Thank you! :smiling-face:
0 Likes