Original topic:

Picture quality on Galaxy S10

(Topic created on: 02/03/20 14:19)
KostasGT
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello

I am a new member from Greece. I own a Galaxy S10 and the last few months after updating on android 10 i noticed that the picture quality is getting much worse than before. I also noticed that the size of the photos in scale 3:4 got from 11mb more or less to 3mb. In full light the pictures get blurry and with lots of noise. I tried wipe out the cache but nothing. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @KostasGT 

"Hardware test: go over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.

Front Camera: Select Front Cam, align your phone and tap to take a photo. Review the quality of the photo and let us know the results. You can then tap the screen to return to the LCD test screen.

Back Camera: Select Mega Cam. Align your phone and tap the ‘capture’ icon to take a photo. Verify that the flash works during this as well. 

Review the photo and let us know the results.

Let me know if your cameras focus correctly in this mode. 

If they do, then it highlights a software issue, if not, then I'd recommend popping into a Service Location to have your phones looked at by a trusty engineer at a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre location"

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

0 Likes
KostasGT
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello

Thank you for your reply. I tried the test and the focus seems to be OK. I upload two different pictures at the same place with the same lighting more or less of the same sublject (my car). The first one was taken last summer and the second one today. The difference is clear. The old one is much smoother and with better colors than the one today. The original sizes of the two

old:12.4mb

new:5mboldoldnewnew

ps None of them has any filters applied but on the old photo i forced to reduce its size to be able to upload it but its still better in quality than the new one

0 Likes