Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Option to open the camera app in last used mode disappeared in One UI 2.0

(Topic created on: 08-12-2019 11:51 AM)
Brainsie
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

In Android 9.0 there was an option to open the camera in last used camera mode. Now in Android 10 (One UI 2.0) this option is gone. 

As described in: https://www.sammobile.com/2019/06/06/how-to-make-your-galaxy-s10-camera-always-open-in-last-used-mod... 

I was a very used feature for me so I want it back.

31 REPLIES 31
menipk
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This is definitely illogical answer. I am disappointed on how they have made a feature setting removed based on asumption, a developer asumption, not by end user's behaviour. 

schappers
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This is totally counterintuitive.  What is the point of having camera settings if you're just going to default back to standard settings every time I open the app. Poor decision developers. Bring it back please. 

Fredrick
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This is a case in point for having saving last used mode in camera setting. We live in a gated community. I was out walking this morning and noticed a suspicious vehicle going through our neighborhood.  Before the developers removed the ability to save last used settings  with UI 2.0 I would have left my camera in video mode and put in my pocket. If I noticed something suspicious I would whip it out and double click the power button to turn on camera and push the toggle on the left side to start the video. This morning I had to take out my camera and since it was bright daylight I couldn't see my screen to switch it to the video mode. By the time I adjusted my screen brightness and switched to video mode the car was gone.  How do we get the attention of the Samsung community to get this functionality back.  To me, this is a security issue.

Eagle3
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Absolutely!!!
0 Likes
Limito
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Maybe this can be used as a workaround to get one camera and one video icon on your homescreen until fixed?

Long press the camera app icon.

In the context-menu-thing that pops up long press video and you can drag it to your homescreen as a camera shortcut.

This also works for most (all?) other app shortcuts!

And I really miss the camera app I had in my old Samsung S6 edge! It had two record buttons, one for photo and one for video. Every time you chose what to record in the moment you started your recording. The function was so perfect and obvious. Please copy the same for Samsung S10+!

animatedjay
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Limito wrote:

Maybe this can be used as a workaround to get one camera and one video icon on your homescreen until fixed?

Long press the camera app icon.

In the context-menu-thing that pops up long press video and you can drag it to your homescreen as a camera shortcut.

This also works for most (all?) other app shortcuts!

And I really miss the camera app I had in my old Samsung S6 edge! It had two record buttons, one for photo and one for video. Every time you chose what to record in the moment you started your recording. The function was so perfect and obvious. Please copy the same for Samsung S10+!

That worked really well. Thank you.

0 Likes
GreekGuy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Behavior seems different for me. I keep launching my camera to capture a great photo, only to end up with a 1 second video instead because I had previously shot video. I want it to default back to photo! So many good shots missed!

0 Likes
chipmunk13
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I agree, it is super frustrating not to have the last used camera setting option on the S10.
What would also be a great addition, would be the ability to long press the camera app icon and be able to choose from one of the modes to create a shortcut, so in addition to last used, you can also create a quick launch for 'night' , 'slo mo' etc - pretty sure that was an option on a previous version as I definitely had both a Camera and Pro shortcut on my old phone.

ellenb29
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I just got the S10 and I'm very disappointed that the option to open in the last mode used is gone. Took me looking at these forums to find out why and that I wasn't crazy. However, that being said, I wish they would put it back as it's annoying when I know I want to use Pro mode most of the time and I can put the camera down for a minute and have to change it back to Pro when I see another shot. Very annoying, I have put Pro on the modes as the first one, but it's still annoying. I just switched from my s8+ and I have not had a lot of time to or been out to use the camera more so my opinion is still out on the improved camera on the s10. 

0 Likes
ellenb29
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

So totally agree!

0 Likes