Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Option to open the camera app in last used mode disappeared in One UI 2.0

(Topic created on: 08-12-2019 11:51 AM)
Brainsie
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

In Android 9.0 there was an option to open the camera in last used camera mode. Now in Android 10 (One UI 2.0) this option is gone. 

As described in: https://www.sammobile.com/2019/06/06/how-to-make-your-galaxy-s10-camera-always-open-in-last-used-mod... 

I was a very used feature for me so I want it back.

31 REPLIES 31
dhfrer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This was a fundamental part of the camera app. If you've ever rushed to capture something, but after opening the app, needing to switch over to the mode that you've been using can make you miss the shot. I'm really hoping it can be brought back as an option, even if it's off by default.

animatedjay
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

BRING THIS OPTION BACK!!

I have already missed several precious moments by fumbling to switch from photo to video modes and the worse part is that it wont even stay in video mode. if i lock the screen or switch to another app, it reverts back to photo. i am beyond irratated at this change and regret upgrading. 

dhfrer
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Part of the irony of this mess, it remembers whether you were using front or rear camera. Why take away the important part & leave this.

Tomasz_Kaczmarczyk
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Please bring this functionality back. It was very useful. 

0 Likes
DenisMikheev
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Totally  agree with previous comments. Samsung, please, bring the feature  back. It's  extremely  useful!

jorgetarlea
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Please, bring that feature back again!! When you have kids and want to do a really quick photo you don't have time to keep changing between modes. You'd better have the latest you use.

It's really annoying to have lost this and I do hope you put it back

Thanks a lot

Jester101
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

This is a ridiculous answer. "The developers didn't think there was a need"? Well, a search on the interenet shows many people frustrated with the removal of this option. Why don't they take a poll or something? I personally want the flexibility that they once provided. If I am taking videos of my kids or fishing and want to snap open my "video camera" again before the fish gets away or I loose that presicous moment, this option is SUPER important. I will just use "Open Camera" and forgoe Samsungs camera until they put that option back. Timing is critical in the audio and video world.  

RockStars
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Please bring back this option. I really feel frustrating without this option. please bring back this option. otherwise return back my payment.  

0 Likes
spencerc3330
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I agree, just ridiculous
0 Likes
Fredrick
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

To me, the removal of last used camera mode from One UI 2.0 was a bad idea. As long as you keep your camera app active in the background it will keep the setting but often times I back out of my camera app, accidently or otherwise.  When I go back into the camera app it it defaults to "Photo". 

Before the update, you could go into the camera app and if activated, you could use the last used mode setting. As someone who uses their camera on a daily basis in Pro mode it was great because often times you don't have the luxury of time searching for your previous mode if the camera app isn't active. I wish you would reconsider putting this functionality back into the app.