Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 2 full screen gestures can't access apps menu, swipe up does not work

(Topic created on: 02-01-2020 11:04 PM)
mdubahya
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello, I've been using the full screen gestures for a few days with no issues, but today all of a sudden I can't access the apps menu by swiping up.  I did not install a new app, I don't have a 3rd party launcher. I've rebooted, I've switched back and forth between "Navigation Buttons" and "Full Screen Gestures", nothing works.  I can get to recent apps by long pressing and swiping up, but I cannot get to the apps menu by swiping up.  I'm literally locked out of the apps menu.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Can you get into Safe Mode and then see what happens @mdubahya  ?

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre shouod also be able to help. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
mdubahya
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks,  behavior is the same in safe mode... everything works except for app menu

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Can you get into Safe Mode and then see what happens @mdubahya  ?

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre shouod also be able to help. 

BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Ok then as I see it your options in order are...

Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the system cache.

If this does not help then back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

If no joy then use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre @mdubahya 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

mdubahya
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thank you again - I guess I'm just surprised that I'm the only one experiencing this.  I'm a pretty vanilla user, I don't have any exotic uses, no side loading, 3rd party launchers etc.

Jericho111
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have been experiencing the same issue on my note 10 plus. 

Restarting the device does fix it but it's happened to me multiple times recently. 

AkinErkan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have my first samsung phone today which came with andorid 9 and there was no problem. Then I just update it to andoroid 10 and volaaa! one UI 2 is broken.I am having same issue at the moment. So welcome to samsung...

0 Likes
AkinErkan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
After 1 hour of pain, its fixed when I change navigation bar mode to movements then again to buttons. Thus it is now working...
0 Likes