Did you mean: 

Original topic:

no ring tone when dialing out

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 09:33 PM)
Jigz
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Since I updated to the latest software on my Samsung S10+ (September 9th update) I have noticed when I make a phone call it doesn't dial and the person on the other line just picks up. There is no dial tone. 

Is there a solution? 
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone @Jigz  ?

Does this happen in one place or everywhere  ?

Also it maybe beneficial to check in with your Network Provider.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
Shellby1401
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I also have had the same issue with the recent update. I have no idea if I have managed to call someone or its failed to connect until I hear someone say hello the other end. Anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

That's a strange one. Is the issue occurring with contacts saved to the device, or when you manually dial a number? Can you try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts, as this will refresh the device and address any issues that may be affecting the Phone app. In the meantime, as a possible workaround, open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Call Alerts and Ringtones > Play Tone When Call Connects > On. 

0 Likes
victoria87
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
My self and my mum are also having the same issue. We can get a dial tone when calling any network but EE we get a dial tone to EE numbers if we use WhatsApp. We have been in touch with EE and they done a full test and the phone and network are fine. It has something to do with the update as my phone worked perfectly fine before i did it. Also my step dad has the same phone and hasn't done the update and his is working fine.
victoria87
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
tried all of the above and still doesn't work
0 Likes
hayl18
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
i had to.put mine onto the 3g /because i cant ring out on 4,5g network i think its because of all the work going on with 5g try this 😅
0 Likes
victoria87
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
that worked thank you. how annoying.
hayl18
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
ahh good im glad 😌
0 Likes