Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Moving pictures from gallery to albums

(Topic created on: 30/04/20 14:16)
Farhad7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

After the latest updates, it's not possible to move pictures completely to albums from gallery pictures. What it does now is COPYING pictures to new destination (album). One of the main reasons I changed from IPhone to S10+ was just the mentioned feature, MOVING pictures to albums and seeing them only there and not in gallery pitures too. By moving I could arrange my pictures in a good way and having the rest left in gallery pictures. I hope Samsung understand the problem and fix it otherwise my next phone will not be a Samsung.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ChrisM
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @Farhad7 

Once you've copied a photo from the Gallery to a folder, are you then able to delete it from your Gallery, but retain it in the folder?

0 Likes
Farhad7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Unfortunately, no.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Farhad7: If you open the Gallery and go to Pictures > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Edit > Select the pictures you want to move > Tap the 3 dots in the top right, can you see the option 'Move to Album'?

0 Likes
Farhad7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes the move option is still there but it doesn't move but copy them to a new place.

2ndChance
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I can find no way to move a photo out of the gallery.  You are forced to have one copy in the gallery and one copy in the album.

0 Likes
Markkro
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Yes this is a ridiculous scenario, it just doubles the amount of space needed to store 1 photo, my partner has to delete loads of photos because of this, Samsung need to sort this out.
0 Likes
snappygraham
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
This problem wasn't occurring on my note 8 until yesterday so am now unable to move but only copy even though I have used the move option.
0 Likes