Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Moisture Detected in Port

(Topic created on: 15/08/20 10:17)
KT2611
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

**FYI - the phone hasn't been near water, it hasn't gotten wet, i don't take it in the bathroom or the kitchen etc and neither has the charger**

I went to charge my phone and suddenly the error message came up saying moisture detected in port, i have tried to clean it with a cotton bud, tissue, tried blowing on it, lightly shaking it, putting a cool fan on it. Anything I try the message doesn't go away. Its now been on for 5 days straight, i can't charge my phone normally and have to use a wireless charger (which I don't like as they aren't that great)  it's not the charger as I have tried it in another phone and works fine, this is the official charger also. I have tried different charger but it won't let me due to the constant moisture message.

I dont understand what is wrong with it.

I have tried clearing the USB data in settings as told by samsung and checked it in safe mode, checked for updates and as a desperate attempt I have tried to factory reset but still shows this message as soon as the phone starts up again.

I dont know what to do at all! I take very good care of my phone and it doesn't even have a single scratch on it. Why is this happening?

8 REPLIES 8
Kev55
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Have you tried Restarting it ?
0 Likes
cajogos
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
When this happens to me it's mostly because of the moisture/humidity of the room I'm in currently. It has happened a few times and because of that it won't let me charge my phone. Just leave the phone out somewhere and let it "dry" for a few minutes come back to it and the message should eventually disappear.
0 Likes
Members_og757VH
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
really? no
0 Likes
Members_og757VH
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I had the same issue its nothing to do with "moisture" in your surroundings its technical and can be fixed . Please follow the following steps:

From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps > Settings > Apps > Menu > Show System apps > USBSettings app > Storage > Clear data.

Does this fix the problem? ^RL
0 Likes
Philius71
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I had the same problem last week. Either restart it or switch off and leave for 5 minutes before restarting.
0 Likes
KT2611
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
I've tried this and doesnt work. it still comes back on the minute I turn phone on. but its not been near any water at all
0 Likes
KT2611
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
tried and it doesnt work. even tried factory reset as last resort and still doesnt work. been on now for 6 days. tried everything. even tried leaving in rice just incase or under a fan for 12 hours but nope nothing
0 Likes
ntruby
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I had this with my S9+.   Often it was just a bug but eventually Samsung replaced it.   Now I have it again.

Personally, I will never buy another Samsung phone because of this.   The phone is now almost 3 years old, and unusable when away from home (where at least I have a wireless charger).  I would prefer to be able to override it and take this risk of it damaging the phone, then getting a new one if that happened.   As it is I am left with a phone nannied into near-uselessness.

0 Likes