Original topic:

Missing charging circle popup since Android 11 upgrade

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 05:33 AM)
AleXSR700
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello everyone,

since upgrading to Android 11, my S10+ no longer shows the "charging circle popup" when I place my phone on my Qi charger.

It always used to an all my other Samsung phones do so. I would really like this back because it is the only way to know that charging has started without having the display turned on all night.

I could not find a matching setting for this. Could someone help me out, please?

Thank you and best regards

Alex

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hi @AleXSR700 

I'm using a different model of phone to you but when I place my phone on my Samsung Desktop Wireless Charger my phone still displays the charging circle.

I'm on Android 11 with Samsung One Ui 3.0.

Perhaps take a look at your settings. 

i.e 

Screenshot_20210211-053857_Device care.jpg

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
pete007
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
the s10+ still has the chaging circle. but goes off when fully charged and I never charge overnight coz as most it takes just over 2 hours for a full charge
0 Likes
AleXSR700
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Hello,

I think you are talking about something else. That setting is to activate charging information via AWD. But I do not want my display on at night.

What I meant is, that when you place your phone in a charger, you get a popup circle for just a second, indicating that charging has began.

Independent on whether you are using AWD and also showing when your screen is actually on, so e.g. if you start charging while on a Skype call.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Yes that's what I get on my phone. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
AleXSR700
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Just on your Note 20 or also S10?

I have the same settings as you and mine has disappeared.

All I did was install the update.

Screenshot_20210211-120039_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
AleXSR700
Student
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have tried everything. Every setting. Deleting AOD cache and data, everything I could think of. But I do not see a charging popup when I place my phone in my charger. It just stays dark.

This is an awful upgrade.

NFL Game Pass does not work properly anymore either. Notification area design is bad. I see only disadvantages with the new UI3.0.

Utterly useless.

0 Likes