Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages icon not showing I've got a message

(Topic created on: 24-07-2023 01:35 PM)
sherbet
Journeyman
Options
Hi everyone ,my messages icon doesn't seem to show when I've received a message, any advice!?
6 REPLIES 6
Shaun0fTheDead
Apprentice
Options
Restart the phone—regular restart worked for me, you can try reset if it doesn't work for someone (press and hold volume down + power button). 3. Turn the phone back on, go once again to Messages app settings -> Notifications, set Icon badge to ON.
0 Likes
sherbet
Journeyman
Options
Hello sotd,when you say restart the phone you simply mean switch on and off?...and when you say reset would I then lose all settings I have set for everything else?
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@sherbet You can perform a Soft reset of your phone by pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons together for around 10 seconds, this should not remove any data as this simply gives your phone a breath of fresh air. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Soft Reset may well fix the issue.  However if not idea to clear the cache/Data of App. Go to Settings-Apps-Messages-Storage-clear Data and cache.  clearing the cache partition can sort some issues, this deletes temporary files but keeps data intact and it is advisable to do this after updates.

if proves necessary follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

sherbet
Journeyman
Options
Thanks again Aaron, I'll try this and if no joy I'll try James4578 advice and let yous know how I got on later!
0 Likes
alanw5147
Student
Options

THANK YOU!  My wife has the same phone as I do. We compared the settings on both phones and they are identical. She gets the counter on her messages  and I don't. I have been googling, installing, installing etc for over a month with no luck.

THIS WORKED! Thanks again....