Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

How do I get rid of the 2 factor identification notification?

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 05:42 PM)
Senko
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I don't want to use 2 factor identification but I have a constant notification sitting there on my phone telling me to use it to protect my data and I cant get rid of or figure out how to disable it. I like to keep my notifications clear so i can tell at a glance if a new one poppped up and this is a constant low level annoyance.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the notification for 2 factor identification without signing up for 2 factor identification as I'm not doing that.

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I maybe wrong but this is a feature now being pushed by Samsung.

I accepted setting up the 2 step verification process and then chose to not use it on this device again when prompted @Senko 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Senko
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Thanks that worked. Not a fan of not being able to just clear a notification away.

0 Likes
noox
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I also got annoyed by this notification - especially as I could not remove it. And I don't use the Samsung services anyways. But then I thought maybe I set it up to get rid of it. But the user interface is kind of strange: I verified my phone number via code. But then I came back to the screen where the only button is "Set up two factor authentication". Ok, there is a back-arrow at the top but I'd rather expected a "Thank you ..." and "Dismiss" page. So I kept verifying my account - if they bother me - i bother them. But after 5 SMS I got the message that I have tried too many false codes and that I will be called instead. But the codes where all auto-inserted from the SMS. And I previously did not get any message that the code was wrong. So indeed I was called from South Korea. But I dismissed the call. Strange user experience!

VAZs
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

i have the same problem... annoying as fck. Why is this "solved"? it's not solved, thats a workaround... 

Senko
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

At least its not as bad as microsofts shell experience bar that seems to have developers deliberately trying to annoy the users (latest update made it so I have to kill it every time I touch projection settings not just once per session so I can actually use my computer) or domino's asking multiple times an order if I want to save my delivery details. At least this workaround kills the prompt for awhile.

daelos
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I want to know too. Got a tablet I want to give to my mother. She doesn't have a mobile phone and I'm not using my number for it. If you're going to insist on 2fa then there needs to be an alternative to a mobile phone. Not everyone has one.

cuetical
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Same issue here. So I clicked to set up and once I got on the phone number verification screen I just backed out and hit the display apps and closed the app that way. Haha Samsung!! quick fix, but effective... for now...