Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Getting the same notifications twice!

(Topic created on: 02-11-2019 12:27 PM)
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Did anyone else encounter this problem where you will get notified of the same notification twice? (even though You already opened it and replied to that message).

It shows up again after few minues, when you just think that the person has replied to you. NO! Its the same notification for the older message they sent you (which you replied)

27 REPLIES 27
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Maker ★★
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I've not personally encountered this @Venom7000 

However this sounds to either be a sim card or network issue based error.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra 256Gb in Phantom Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help.

AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
@Venom7000: If you go to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced Features > Notification Reminders, is this feature currently active? If so please disable it temporarily, and let me know if the issue persists?
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
Hello, no that feature is turned off. I spoke to some of my s9 friends and they told me that this happens to them too.
😞

Shanzo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I am also experiencing the same problems.  

I get uber and email notifications more than twice, after I have click Clear. 

How do we fix this bug?

Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

@Shanzo wrote:

I am also experiencing the same problems.  

I get uber and email notifications more than twice, after I have click Clear. 

How do we fix this bug?

I dont know. I had this problem for months now. Even with new 10 Android update. Its not always present. But happens often enough to make a thread.

Shanzo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

Because I get my work emails via outlook, the worst part is sometimes it shows the old email notifications more than twice and never shows the new email notifications. 

I hope this bug can be fixed fast, I am really enjoying Samsung since my recent move from Apple but this bug might send me back.  

Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S10 Series
So far no news from Samsung about this. We can only hope some mod noticed this and forwards the issue along to devs.
0 Likes
LudicrousTroll
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I have a samsung s10e I too am having this issue where I'm being notified twice. Notification reminder is off, tends to happen with the following apps.

Facebook messenger

Ebay

Outlook

What's app.

This has only been happening the last few days.

Very annoying

sk0rpiu5
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S10 Series

I'm having the same problem as described by everyone here, and it is very annoying.  I've had the phone since the beginning of December and migrate across from a Pixel 2. Since day one I have been having repeating notifications -instagram, Facebook,  amex, google pay - and loads more apps. I clear the notifications and then they come back shortly after. They also come back more than once.

I haven't found any long term fix to this anywhere.