Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S10 - Android 12 - GearVR

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 05:34 PM)
matt10101
Apprentice
Options

I have an S10, luckily I read the Android 12 update prompt... in tiny letters at the end..

"GearVR will no longer work..." - Well I paid for an S10 to be able to use this, and I have paid for games on it.

I assume Samsung will be continuing to provide security updates for Android 11 then?

If not I demand a refund for the phone or see you in small claims court.

Regards,

Matt

14 REPLIES 14
Braylen
Apprentice
Options

RIP No, they will have to make a new gear vr or something that's vr with controller and phone powered

matt10101
Apprentice
Options

Are you from Samsung, or do you know this somehow (regarding the updates)? Thanks

Braylen
Apprentice
Options

I am not from Samsung, I just know

matt10101
Apprentice
Options

How do you know?

This is quite serious issue, this should be a bit more publicized, as bricking usable tech is really bad for the environment. Not supporting a phone people paid for unless they opt out of a feature they paid for is well.. ripping people off?

Braylen
Apprentice
Options

Btw I can't go to small claims court

Im only 9(Almost 10)

Are you gonna do it to me or Samsung

CBB1
First Poster
Options

I am also very disappointed with Samsung! I bought two Gears Vr and several games and using it a lot during Pandemic / lockdown and it was very good! I think Samsung would have an obligation to continue to support Gear VR  in this latest Android update on the S10 family.

I don’t believe I can take legal action in my poor country, I just hope that Samsung goes back on this decision.

Qe55q700tatxxu
Pioneer
Options

Hope it gets looked after. It is not fair Sam💩 to walk away from its care & responsibilities towards customers buying their  goods or bads in ‘very good faith’

Kind regards 

Vicky
0 Likes
SuJo47
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately it is Oculus' decision, I just wish Samsung did more to make the Gear VR work, e.g. make it a cardboard device on Android 12 or add the ability to run the Oculus Gear VR app, albeit with caveat of not being supported.
Qe55q700tatxxu
Pioneer
Options

No one should take Samsung to the courts. It’s a worldwide company. Give them a chance, they are expertise in TV and communication. Unless someone is dodgy, it can all be resolved within a few days.

if you still having issues with any of your Samsung goods, please message and check first.

Vicky
0 Likes