Original topic:

Emergency bypass while silent

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 10:26 PM)
NinaWildeUK
Navigator
Options

Hi everyone,

Just got a samsung s10 after being apple foe ages

One thing i noticed was you can not seem to set texts and calls from priority people to make a sound while on silent

It works in DND mode but not when your set to silent or vibrate

How can i fix this? Is there a setting i am missing or an app that does it?

I have my phone on vibrate or silent a lot but i still don't want to miss messages and calls from certain people

Thank you

162 REPLIES 162
Keith504
Journeyman
Options
This shouldn't be that complicated. Samsung can just add an "Override Silent" or "Always Notify" option when editing a contact.
Keith504
Journeyman
Options
This shouldn't be that complicated. It is a feature 100% of Samsung smartphone owners want. Just add "Override Silent" option in contact edit. Apple has it. I swear if Apple had a phone with a built in stylus I would never look at Samsung again. I could give Samsung ideas on managing contacts that would blow the competition away (swipe left, right, up, or down - always notify - add contact to calendar - send to GPS - add file to contact - add alarm- upload to Google Drive - custom reply (always give contact this message) - add to home screen - and more). I wish Samsung or any app developer would contact me. I don't care about the money for my ideas, I just want to see them implemented.
Airan
First Poster
Options

That's a shame that the galaxy s20 version Samsung still doesn't have it... Disappointed 

MarcelKraan
Explorer
Options
this should be great
I love this option also
Keith504
Journeyman
Options
Samsung contact me! I have the best ideas!
0 Likes
Jrledb
First Poster
Options

has there been and R&D into this? The conversation was close to 1 year ago. Has this feature been added, is it going to be added? If it has been added, how does one go about initiating notification override for specific contacts? I have missed emergency calls late at night, because I put my phone on vibrate only. This is a very important need for me, and I am sure plenty Samsung supporters. 

jpetro
First Poster
Options

Why is this not implemented yet? Being an app dev myself, it's disappointing Samsung ...

cbidici
First Poster
Options

This is a must!

GeePee
First Poster
Options

I'm waiting for this feature for a long time.

E.g. I want messages/calls from my home alarm system to override the silent mode at maximum volume. 

It's very quiet from Samsung Side in this discussion. 

I really don't understand why Samsung is ignoring this recurrent feature request from so many people in even more discussion forums worldwide.

I still am sticking to Samsung for the moment. But can't say that this will the case at my next purchase of a phone. They really need to catch up on numerous feature requests. This is just one of them.

Housebolt12
First Poster
Options

I would like to add my company to this list, we have dozens of Samsung phones and buy 6+ new devices a year.  We need this feature. I really hate Apple, and feel I am being pressured to use their products due to the lack of R&D at Samsung.  

0 Likes