Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Edge screen is not to be found in Settings

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 10:58 PM)
Members_Gz9171s
Apprentice
Options

Hello

I do have a problem. I have a new S10, and I just want to enable somehow the edge lighting for notification. Thus, in case I miss a phone call or an sms text, the phone should blink something until I take it and check what I missed. Like my old S7 is doing with the special led notification. I understood I can use the Edge Lighting for this, but when I tried to set it in the Settings, surprisingly I couldn't find the "Edge screen" sub-menu in the "Display" menu. Though I am able to find "Edge panels" as a submenu in the "Display menu", I can't find the "Edge Lighting" anywhere !

The only thing related to edge lighting I can find is in a submenu named "Brief pop-up settings" in the "Notifications" menu. It is activated, but it is running at the time of the call receiving (or message) only, and it does not blink at a regular time afterwards, so it does not fulfill what I need

So, to summarize :

- I have the following in Display menu:

Display / Edge panels ( no Edge Screen to be found anywhere here) -> the panel is activated and it works on the up-right of the display
- I have the following in the Notification menu
   Notifications / Brief pop-up settings / Edge lighting style  -> it runs at the time of call or sms or whatever receiving only
So the main question is: where is the Edge Screen ?

The version is Android 11 with the latest updates, I have just installed the phone
Thank you so much for any help.

9 REPLIES 9
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Edge screen is not supported, but I found holey light a good alternative as it shows in visual graphics any type of notifications.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
As you can see20210903_230017_4228.jpg20210903_225950_4227.jpg
0 Likes
Annie989
Voyager
Options
Is this what u mean? Screenshot_20210907-150047_null.jpg
0 Likes
Annie989
Voyager
Options
I'm not on S10 this is the fold 2 but this where say on the last bit of ur paragraph
0 Likes
Members_Gz9171s
Apprentice
Options

As I said, I was able to find this:
```
Notifications / Brief pop-up settings / Edge lighting style -> it runs at the time of call or sms or whatever receiving only
```
With this activated, it runs only once when I am receiving a message. After that, no more alerts. I wanted to follow this (i don't know if I am allowed to post links here, but I'll give a shot anyway)

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-customize-edge-lighting-on-samsung-galaxy-s10

Or any other solution that you find to replace the missing notification light as I do have on my old S7 ? I am opened to anything, thank you !

0 Likes
Members_Gz9171s
Apprentice
Options

If Edge screen is not supported, why is this info available like here:
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-customize-edge-lighting-on-samsung-galaxy-s10

Do you know any other solution to replace the notification light led which is missing on S10 ?

https://android.gadgethacks.com/news/galaxy-s10-doesnt-have-notification-led-heres-why-0194008/

0 Likes
Solution
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I could never get the edge notifications to work on my s10 ... I tried all ways to get it to work

But if you think you can then give it a try.

I am more than happy with holey light,.
Members_Gz9171s
Apprentice
Options

yes, i can see this now. Too bad this ain't coming straight from the Settings. It seems you have to install an app for this. And I don't know about the burn-in effect for this... I tried Holey light, LED me know and aodNotify. I stayed with LED me know, even if I am afraid about the burning-in

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Make sure you have the AOD ( always on display) this can be found in you display settings. Then go through the holey light set up. Colours are the fun bit as you can set any colour you want for all your notifications. If you get stuck ill try and help.
0 Likes